Non Clio brake question

My OH's friend has just had her Nissan micro mot'd and serviced.

Advisory says slight leak in o/s/r wheel cylinder but garage have said it will be fine till next service.

Clueless about drum brakes but don't like the sound of leaking brake fluid. Is this something to be concerned about (sorry i'm clueless)?

the garage should have told her to get it repaired mate. Can't be to carefull with brakes I'd find a new garage.

Last edited:
It will most likely be leaking inside the drum, they do tend to be very minor and 'weep' very small amounts of fluid. I'd get it seen to ASAP as you can never be to careful with brakes.

if it was leaking fluid in to the brakes then it needs changing - no messing!

what it will be is slight wetness behind the outer piston seal - so it will need changing shortly - two options fit a seal kit if available or if not just replace - they are usually easy to change..

Cylinders in the drums are usually an easy change. It was always getting all the springs back on the shoes and in the drum i struggled with :smiley:

if it was leaking fluid in to the brakes then it needs changing - no messing!

what it will be is slight wetness behind the outer piston seal - so it will need changing shortly - two options fit a seal kit if available or if not just replace - they are usually easy to change..

cheers mate - will make sure she's aware of that.

Usually a cheap part too, which is a bonus. If having it done at a garage i'd budget an hour labour and £20ish for the part?