Nitron coilovers available for our 200

Ashton

200T Test Pilot
Platinum Member
Just seen on facebook that ktec well be supplying Nitron coilover kits for our 200 and come inclusive with adjustable top mounts......and they will be available for the newer style top mounts too

Bit pricey though. 1665+vodka

Tempted though

They had an 'early' style 200 up there a little while ago getting a kit made.

My car is meant to be going there next so they can measure it up for the 'newer' style top mounts. Assuming that's still the plan.

They look the absolute business.

There should be a more race focused option with remote reservoirs etc, but that will be around the 3k mark!

When is ur car going in. I need a new setup asap

This is the last I heard, which was mid December:

Hi Mat,

Our first kits are being built by Nitron at the moment as some of the parts have had to be custom made and this has delayed things a little. Once the first kits are done they should then need your car for looking at the top mounts.

I will speak to them in early January when we are at Autosport as it will be good to get a Clio set out there being tested.

Regards

David Kirk

So hoping not too long!

The use good components but they're onle ever as good as the shimming they use internally. I built shocks and forks for race bikes for a living so can tell you what is good for the road may not be good for those that do track days and visa versa. The comment above is spot on, how much and what type of development was done?

Yes, but ask yourself what testing they're going to put into making a kit for a clio.

Having read this post a number if times, I'm still struggling to understand what you're saying!

Do you know anything about either Nitron or business in general?

Companies who have good reputations and are known for producing good products don't just stick their name on a product and throw them out the door. They test and develop products to ensure they meet with their requirements and can justify being branded as such. Why would Nitron value a Clio kit less than any other kit?

I don't know exactly what Nitron have done in terms of development for this kit, but I don't think they're just throwing something out the door without testing it.

Nitron are very good brand, highly respected in the Lotus field, something respective but cheaper to ohlins. Their price is not a surprise at all, it's a high end kit.

Having read this post a number if times, I'm still struggling to understand what you're saying!

Do you know anything about either Nitron or business in general?

Companies who have good reputations and are known for producing good products don't just stick their name on a product and throw them out the door. They test and develop products to ensure they meet with their requirements and can justify being branded as such. Why would Nitron value a Clio kit less than any other kit?

I don't know exactly what Nitron have done in terms of development for this kit, but I don't think they're just throwing something out the door without testing it.

I don't know what testing they have done but it is absolutely conceivable to send out a shock based on weight and type of vehicle. It may be in the ball park but not neccessarily optimal

I don't know what testing they have done but it is absolutely conceivable to send out a shock based on weight and type of vehicle. It may be in the ball park but not neccessarily optimal

Exactly, where as a 10K porsche kit will have been extensively tested. Most Golf, Astra etc run more a less the same shocks. As above they're normal just based the weights of similiar vehicles.

I wasn't saying they'll fail or break/leak. They just might not actually be a whole lot better than standard.

They just might not actually be a whole lot better than standard.
A shock like this is a completely different beast to the type of shocks road cars use for a number of reasons. Shocks of this design need to be serviced. The slightest contamination of foreign matter (or wear particles from inside the shock) can render the shock useless and will go unnoticed to everyone except a racing driver who runs the same piece of racetrack time after time and can feel something is slightly off.
The type of shocks used on most road cars are more 'agricultural' and wont suffer from neglect nearly as badly as coilovers.

BTW I'm talking generally about all coilover type arrangements and not specifically about Nitron