newbie....

Just a quick hello.
I've just picked up my 197, i needed a cheapish car to get to work and back and always liked the look, all be it at a distance of the 197.
I saw one on ebay and it looked good so bought it and that was the 1st time id been within 10 meters of one..lol.
Anyway just drove it 60 miles home all be it mostly motorway, it seems like a fun car, if you let it rev.
Anyway looking forward picking your brains when it comes to modding.....

I've always wanted one! Very very happy with mine (197)! Bit late now but did you check it over at all? Mileage, service history, belts done etc?

its a 2007 in, i think its called ultra red. 75k with fsh, belts were done last year, paint is very good and trim and seats are pretty much unmarked.
They all seem to come well spec'd so not surewhats standard or no but it looks like this...
xenon look round the corner lights or what ever there called..lol
cruise/cont
a/c
auto wippers
auto lights
tinted windows
keyless entry
maybe more, ill have a better look tomorrow..

Welcome to the forum.
The only thing I can say about the 197 is if you are going to use it everyday.
Don't expect a great return of MPG.
They are not the greatest on Fuel but make up for it in Smiles per Mile.

On another subject, I have two keys one of with which I think has a low battery as it will start the car but won't lock it by pressing the button on the fob. Could someone tell me the reason for the card slot in the dash? Should I use it or keep the card in my pocket?? Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

The slot in the dash is there if you want to use it, however the benefits of keyless entry and go is that you can keep the card in your pocket :smile:

The battery is very easy to change if you wanted to be able to use both of your keycards.

Yeah, it's pretty much a holder :lol:

The only time I use the slot is if I have to get out of the car but leave the engine running - de-icing in winter for example. Otherwise when you shut the door with the key in your pocket, the 'card not detected' warning goes off. No big deal, but it just prevents that :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4