Newbie in Newcastle!

Morning!

Had a 182 Cup a few years back and current truck is on Fleabay at the minute. Really fancying getting myself a 197 and having some fun again. Buying guide on here is a great help and am already budgeting about £500 for belts, pump etc...

Just lurking at the minute but soon I'll have my fist greased with cash and be looking to do some proper 'shopping' :tongue_smilie:

Steve

Well you've no doubt read they don't come without their problems lol. I've had a few and keep reading others. Be prepared to spend cash haha.

Oh and very thirsty. I had a 172 and got 35 mpg, only 26 currently on my 197.

Good fun though; -)

Last edited:
Welcome mate!

just search for one that's had the belts done and you can spend that extra £500 on mods or a newer one...

Well you've no doubt read they don't come without their problems lol. I've had a few and keep reading others. Be prepared to spend cash haha.

Oh and very thirsty. I had a 172 and got 35 mpg, only 26 currently on my 197.

Good fun though; -)

Yeah when you dont look at the actual car before sale :thumbsup:

Welcome buddy, do your research and don't just jump at the first one you see otherwise you could have a shakey experience as others have eluded to.

Oooo Deaks digging me out lol. Loads have issues, read it a lot on here.
In my opinion and after reading many posts they have mixed reviews but most blokes enjoy throwing money at them anyway. I never said they were crap cars, just troublesome. My opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree to an extent that there can be issues that arise. But, and a big but, these cars are coming up for almost 10 years old. And as such, in 10 years they could be maintained and looked after, or not shown a service and scrapping through MOTs etc. Therefore it comes down to doing your homework so you're not buying a pile of ship.

Cheers for the warnings gents.

Anyone who expects a car of this age now to be trouble free and to be as 'out of the box' is clearly deluded and I've bought enough cars over the years (plastic bodied V8 included :thumbup1: ) to make sure i have a good root through the history and condition - simple tyre test often tells a lot... Anyone putting 200bhp through Linglongs is going to have cut corners elsewhere too :nope: It'll be a fun car so not too concerned about the MPG so a week to run on the truck and I'll have the readies burning a hole!

Once you've in that's it iam on my11th RS at the moment and the 12th just around the corner so welcome to the family [MENTION=53157]Big Kid[/MENTION]

My 172 was 15 years old and had very little issues with it to be honest. Shame I partied with it. Would have been a good stripped out track car I reckon.

Third one i viewed. Ex Cliosport.net member too by the looks of the sticker in the rear window. Asked to see if anyone recognises the plate but no one as yet - car was from Morpeth on NK08OGB. Booked in with clioturbo.co.uk for full belt and pump fettling on friday morning then bring on the weekend :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4