Newbie from runcorn!

Hi everyone! Picked up my clio 200 cup today! Glacier white, black speed lines, recaros! :smile: chuffed with it.

I have noticed a sort of like metal on metal sound when the engine is revving but then goes away when the revs are idleing, is this normal? It has a k&n fitted but want to return to normal air box if anyone is selling one?

Any ideas on the noise? It's in Renault tomorrow for a free health check so hopefully if I can get some ideas off here I can raise the possibility of them tomorrow!

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Ian

Welcome to the forum

I have a standard airbox, itg filter, the resonator box all pipework spare. Not sure what its worth make me an offer via PM if you're intrested. I was going to put a for sale thread anyway.

The metallic sound is quite normal its like a metallic rattle up the revs. Mine used to do it but not done it for ages.

Haha will drag you to one! I tried to go to a vxr meet at Trafford centre but it was the same day as autosport international and by the time I got home from Birmingham everyone had gone home!

tell me about it, Im upsizing to a 3 bed semi in 8-12 weeks time once this sale goes through, the mrs does NOT know im spending lol

Haha best keep it quiet! I've pulled the wool over her eyes telling her it's a sensible car, she believes me because the vxr corsa had a remus on that sounded like hell was breaking loose every time you put your foot down whereas this is silent, then again as soon as she saw the recaros I got the 'I thought it was sensible' but it was too late then haha

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4