Newbie 197 owner

Hi people,

Just recently got myself a nice tidy Clio 197 today, shame the weather is absolutely horrific where I am at the moment.

Was wondering if it's anyone's old one on here or anyone knows of it?
The reg starts ST07 and it's silver. Has a Milltek exhaust from what I can tell and it's from the Kirkcaldy area according to all the documentation that came with it.

I've had quite a few cars in the past starting with a Mk5 Zetec-S, Civic Type R EP3, Saxo VTS (I know, I know :d), A rather tasty Corsa VXR Nurburgring and most recently a Fabia vRS SE. I Just fancied something a bit more fun again, while the vRS was very punchy, mine was remapped, it just handled like a shed on a skateboard. Really did NOT inspire confidence when pushing on. So here I am! - I also test drove a Cooper S today and while it went well I wasn't that impressed with the way it felt to drive, the Clio definitely feels better in my opinion and believe it or not felt a bit more solidly put together. Unless the Cooper S I drove was just a bad example I don't know.

Not sure what my plans are for the car, I've been there and done the modifying thing when I had my Civic so I'm not sure I wan't to go that silly again. Just keep it well serviced and maintained. Might go for a better sound system as the standard one is pretty pants lol.

Welcome along. New owner myself and a big change for me too.

I'm liking the RS clio at the moment but still researching mods to make it my own.

Good ;luck!

Welcome.

The cooper s is a fast nice little car, not quite a renaultsport though, the jcw ones are the next level up though. Must be quite a difference compared to a Nurburgring vxr, they are quite a kitted out car.

Yeah the Cooper S's are nice, just didn't feel it was for me. It went well but the handling and steering feel in my opinion is far better in the Clio, reminds me a bit of my old EP3 too in terms of power delivery which is no bad thing.
The Corsa Burg was a nice bit of kit, first car I've driven with a slip diff and they are fantastic on their own never mind combined with other things. One of the few mods I might consider doing on the Clio Sport. Not cheap but worth every penny!

Just upgraded myself from a 190bhp Corsa VXR. To say the difference is amazing. My 197 cup sticks to the ground and the previous has installed a rather loud exhaust system. Drove it for the first time today and some random guy came up to me and complimented the car, safe to say im happy!

Welcome to the forum :smile:

I came to the 197 from a mk5 Zetec-S too - great little cars. Were you ever on ZSOC?

Yeah jimmyd81 I was on ZSOC but we're talking a few years back. Looking through some old photos I had my ZS from 2006-2009 so was active on there round then. Not so much now. I still log onto other forums like the TypeR Owners, VXR Online and Briskoda too but I generally find most slate anything that isn't their own brand. So generally drift away from them when I change cars lol.

ZSOC is still going pretty strong, it's a good community. I was on there mostly around 2002-5 when I had my first ZS.

197.net is the far superior forum though :thumbup1:

Yeah I remember it being quite good in fairness. Already been pricing up goodies for the Clio, think I'm going to go for the powerflex engine mount inserts. I did them on the Type R I had and it was a very noticeable improvement. Not sure whether to plunge for all 3 done or just to one or two as I don't want to make it too harsh vibration wise.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Clio chris 197 Clio 197 Area 8
A New Members 3
knowlewestfresh New Members 45
Z New Members 19