Newbie 197 owner.

Alright all im new to the 197 came from a stupidly expensive Mk2 Focus RS and due to many things i got myself a 197 :smile:

Here she is....

10247315_850589328290596_5168911032279522141_n.jpg

And here was my RS revo400, glad its gone as the Clio is a lot of fun in the corners and silly cheap for mods and too run :smiley:

1970656_809711372378392_737428482_n.jpg

Hopefully i wont go as mad on the 197 as i did with the RS :thumbsup:
Any advice on who to deal with and who not to would be much appreciated as ive only ever owned fast fords.

Last edited:
Welcome along mate! A Cup as well eh? Looks stunning. Plenty of info and reviews of garages etc on here, especially if you pay the fiver for the additional info. Well worth it. Where in the south west are you? Some might say the Clio is expensive to run, but maybe not compares to your fast Fords! Enjoy

well I was getting just over one pound a mile in the RS and mods were silly money too, on boost mpg was non existent.
the Clio is like a breath of fresh air basic interior, nice recaros and brilliant turn it can't wait to get some semi slicks on it little brake upgrade and get it to Combe!!

How do I go about paying for extra info?

well I was getting just over one pound a mile in the RS and mods were silly money too, on boost mpg was non existent.
the Clio is like a breath of fresh air basic interior, nice recaros and brilliant turn it can't wait to get some semi slicks on it little brake upgrade and get it to Combe!!

The Recaros are brilliant for fast and everyday driving I've found. Wouldn't have another Clio without them! I'm also after semi's and hearing good things from the boys on here about the syron street race - at £56 a corner they're a bargain to be had!

I think this is right - http://www.clio197.net/forum/payments.php and having the Gold membership gives you access to all the technical knowledge and "how-to" guides :thumbup:

im not too familiar with the forum as yet, just had a little look in the build threads thats about it, ill become a paying member in a few minutes i expect but anyway what brake upgrades are people useing? isit worth going for the two part bells/rotors and discs or are uprated brembo discs good enough along with braided hoses/good fluid and better pads? My brakes have great initial bite but seem to fade out after that.

Also is there harness bars on the market? what websites are people using cazan, ktr is about all ive found so far.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi welcome to the club it's only a fiver to join any pics of the FRS

ill put it this way i was almost doing a quarter of a tank for every 20minute session at RS combe, im doing it again this year in the clio so should be able to go all day, im getting 20mpg in the redline from the clio :smile:

Cadwell looks very decent, im mainly a combe man as i live so close but ive also done a few sessions at silverstones international circuit i enjoyed that as the run offs were massive :wink:

had looked into it, 2hour sessions for £75 no thankyou £25 entry no thanks, shocking prices, rs combe is 135 all day open pit all cars welcome oh and thats entry ticket too :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Clio chris 197 Clio 197 Area 8
A New Members 3
Mattb_197 New Members 12
Z New Members 19