Newbie 197 owner.

thats why i swapped for fun, the rs was too serious so was the whole scene, i had enough of the scene altogether but i want to still be into something so the 197 was a perfect choice ive had so much fun with it on b-roads and im not scared to park it anywhere either :smile: very happy with the car wish i had done the change earlier.

thats why i swapped for fun, the rs was too serious so was the whole scene, i had enough of the scene altogether but i want to still be into something so the 197 was a perfect choice ive had so much fun with it on b-roads and im not scared to park it anywhere either :smile: very happy with the car wish i had done the change earlier.

Yeah they are great all round fun car i have been close to selling but i just can not bring myself to do it ha!:wink:

Alright all im new to the 197 came from a stupidly expensive Mk2 Focus RS and due to many things i got myself a 197 :smile:

Here she is....

View attachment 9570

And here was my RS revo400, glad its gone as the Clio is a lot of fun in the corners and silly cheap for mods and too run :smiley:

View attachment 9571

Hopefully i wont go as mad on the 197 as i did with the RS :thumbsup:
Any advice on who to deal with and who not to would be much appreciated as ive only ever owned fast fords.
. Let me guess you bought that 197 from mcr ? welcome anyway !!

yes I did mate, few friends deal with him and he seems a nice chap plus he wanted my RS.
I'm sure you drove past me when I was picking up my storm grey rs200 a week last Saturday ? that focus looked the business ! You enjoying the 197, nice little recaros init, had a look around it when I was picking mine up, they seem genuine guys there, treated me well so far anyway

I'm sure you drove past me when I was picking up my storm grey rs200 a week last Saturday ? that focus looked the business ! You enjoying the 197, nice little recaros init, had a look around it when I was picking mine up, they seem genuine guys there, treated me well so far anyway

i think mike (the owner) is driving my car as it's not up for sale yet and he did the same with one of my friends RS's, I picked the cup up Friday the 2nd. He stocks a fair few Renault sports he told me they sale well everyone he had was super clean so surprised how well presented they were and yeah they seem really genuine he even offered to refurb my wheels free of charge and fit my semi slicks too all because of a tiny imperfection on two wheels, I'll definitely go back when it's time for something new.

you enjoying your Clio? I wanted a 200 but the lack of recaros put me off lol

i think mike (the owner) is driving my car as it's not up for sale yet and he did the same with one of my friends RS's, I picked the cup up Friday the 2nd. He stocks a fair few Renault sports he told me they sale well everyone he had was super clean so surprised how well presented they were and yeah they seem really genuine he even offered to refurb my wheels free of charge and fit my semi slicks too all because of a tiny imperfection on two wheels, I'll definitely go back when it's time for something new.

you enjoying your Clio? I wanted a 200 but the lack of recaros put me off lol
He sounds like a top guy to be honest, a proper car enthusiast.
Nice looking 197, the handling gets me every time :smiley: Was the FRS that expensive to mod/maintain? Always had a soft spot for the Mk2's.

He sounds like a top guy to be honest, a proper car enthusiast.
Nice looking 197, the handling gets me every time :smiley: Was the FRS that expensive to mod/maintain? Always had a soft spot for the Mk2's.

if you keep one standard they aren't too bad but semi slicks are over £200 each spec r intercooler was £1400 spec r breather over £500 it soon adds up, the map on it was almost £700 in comparison to the clio it's shocking I can get semi slicks, a map and sort the brakes for around 1k that's a massive difference :smile:

oh oh and mpg was non existent.

dont let it put you off though it's a special car but worrying to own I found it hard to leave it in public or even In the locked compound at work I worried far too much. still a crazy car to own and with the revo 400 map I would upset a fair few high end motors but the sky's the limit a friend runs 700bhp :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Clio chris 197 Clio 197 Area 8
A New Members 3
Mattb_197 New Members 12
Z New Members 19