New wax required

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
As I now have a red car instead of blue, I really think it is time to change from Dodo Juice Blue Velvet to something else! I want something that is long lasting and won't break the bank - up to £40ish. It also needs to be easy to use, I don't have a machine polisher so elbow grease will need to be enough to get it off.

I believe Dodo Juice have a wax for warm coloured cars called 'Orange Crush' - was going to try it out on my Red MG but still not ordered some yet so can't comment how well it works although I've only ever heard good new for them :smile:

Need to get some new cleaning products ordered for my 2 cars, Orange Crush is definitely on the cards with the Clio being yellow and MG being Red :smiley:

Though I will say that Meguairs Next Gen Tech Wax 2.0 is a great product to use by hand. Goes on and buffs off really easy and with great results especially on Red :smile:

Cheers Aran, I will look into it. The only downside I found with blue velvet was that it didn't really last long. May have a look at some reviews on detailing world.

I'm using Meguiar's #26 Yellow Wax Paste which gives you better shine that the NXT one (however, NXT is a bit better in covering the swirls).

Looks great on my red 197.

If you want best price/quality ratio:
Really easy to work with if you have base clear and no any contaminants.
My 197 done with 915, even nimbus can mirror..

http://aor.kuvat.fi/kuvat/detail/valmis/

Collinite 915, 25£

COL-915_MED.jpg

There's also Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid, Purple Haze Pro and Blue Velvet Pro, all of which have significantly increased durability.

For example, Supernatural Hybrid lasts for about 6 months on average - probably more if well applied and maintained.

Autoglym HD

This was 4 weeks after applying, just a quick wash with meguiars gold.
P1020003.jpg

Some beading after rain
2012-02-20145333.png

i think for the money AG HD is very good. Just make sure you only buy it when its on offer. Don't pay full price. Last time I looked it was £40 rrp but you'll be able get it for £25 or on some 3 for 2 offer.