New vinyl on the pillars

Yiannis197

Paid Member
Hi all.

The vinyl on my pillars has faded so I'm thinking to have it replaced. However I was quoted around £90 (£60 if I can take the old vinyl off myself). Is it a good price you think?

Thanks

Before you think I was being serious, no, that is a pretty dreadful price IMO :tongueout:. Removing the vinyl will take seconds, you just peel it off like film/tape.

There is a guide in the how to section. It looks a very easy job.

buy some g techniq g4 permanent trim restorer just done mine lasts 2 years and brings them up like new and a lot cheaper.

haha I have to admit that when I read your first post I was like ''what?? He can't be serious...'' And then boom, here comes the second one:smile: that's more like it!!

Now, the guy basically told me that sometimes the vinyl that comes from the factory is a bitch to remove. Sometimes not though but he charges per hour. So when I told him what if I take it off myself he quoted me £60 fitted.

So do you reckon that £60 fitted is a bit much? I was more of expecting it to be around £30-40 tbh but again, what do I know??

I removed mine by myself, it's as easy as taking a big sticker off...

Renault wanted stupid money for the original vinyl so i got mine done in gloss black for about £15 when the guys at the wrapping place were doing my Akra style front bumper vinyl.

Now that is what I'm talking about. Where are these guys Ollie? Talk to me:smile:

It was done at a place in Brentford, West London (i can't remember the exact name) but it's literally 5 mins from where you picked the top mounts up from when i met you. Try any of your local wrapping places to save you the travels or give it a go :wink:

I've got that already (I bought it for the trims but haven't used it yet), does it work well on the vinyl?

Yep, works perfectly on vinyl. Its the exact same stuff as C1 and C5 so you can even use it on your paint and wheels. Its great stuff. I have it on the vinyl trims on mine and they still look freshly treated 6 months after I applied it. Just be sure to properly prep the surface first (good clean with APC then a wipe down with IPA).

RT performance mate, you mention it in your thread. I'm afraid the guy who gave me the £60 (exc VAT lol) is local, but apparently he must be having a bubble.

Yep, works perfectly on vinyl. Its the exact same stuff as C1 and C5 so you can even use it on your paint and wheels. Its great stuff. I have it on the vinyl trims on mine and they still look freshly treated 6 months after I applied it. Just be sure to properly prep the surface first (good clean with APC then a wipe down with IPA).

I might have to give it a go then. Cheers for that:smile:

I might have to give it a go then. Cheers for that:smile:

I've also recovered mine in normal carbon wrap. Actually looks brand new still after about 5months of brutal sun.

My friend's brother did it with a hairdryer and a driver's licence card. Came out perfectly. Took around 5 minutes per pillar

Thanks for all your replies guys.

Can you show some before and after pics as mine are faded so need something doing - put shoe polish on them which helped a little :smile:

I will do Robby, I'll update my thread as soon as I do it. I've got some other bits and pieces to do, not much time though..