new toyo R1R you boys will love them.

i have just fitted a set of these new R1R toyo tyres and if they can keep my car from spinning,you boys will love them on your clio's.
they are made from the same rubber as the r888,so very gripy,they have the same race side wall as the r888,(you will need 115-125psi to pop them out).
but they are built to be used in the wet also without any worries,the r888 comes with 4mm of tread and the R1R comes with 6mm so should last a lot longer,they are also 5% cheaper.
like i said i have had them on all week and on the road i can hit roundabouts and roads i use at the same speed,so they are just as good on the road as the r888,on track the r888 will be better as you can get more heat in to them as they are a pure track base tyre.i'm taken a set of r888 and r1r to a trackday at brands so i will be able to find out in times how good they are.
but the r888 is a tyre to take to the track,the R1R is a tyre you can drive to the track,also i have been over 120mph (test track) and the R1R has no more road noise that a std t1r,we all know the noise of the r888 over 60mph.

TOYO R1R

R1RTYRES001.gif

R1RTYRES002.jpg

agree with Klinck ^^^^ that is a good looking tyre Wayne,

be good to here some more thoughts on them when you have done some more track days.

Looks like a good compromise between track/road. Assume these are being developed and released because the R888 might lose its road legal markings?

Looks like a good compromise between track/road. Assume these are being developed and released because the R888 might lose its road legal markings?

from speaking with wayne and reading up in the past, these ae above the t1r and below the r888's so i dont think they will be replacing the r888's i read somewhere and i am trying to find the link, that they r re-devloping the r888's

from speaking with wayne and reading up in the past, these ae above the t1r and below the r888's so i dont think they will be replacing the r888's i read somewhere and i am trying to find the link, that they r re-devloping the r888's

I didnt say they would replace the R888, but the R888 will potentially be losing its Road Legal status. So these are a compromise tyre that allows you to use it on the road. Well aware the R888 will still be in use for track only.

I've read that whilst the compound was the same as a medium R888, it doesn't share the same carcass and they're not that amazing on track until you get them right down to being near bald. Overheat and wobble the blocks, great summer tyre though for sure.

If you wanted a sticky tyre for the running around the streets on that'll cope with a track day, I'd be taking a Kumho V70A in hard over these every day.

Got to say they look immense and for the amount of miles I have been doing recently they would last a decent length of time. Next time I change the Conti's I think I wil be giving them a go.

I have these fitted to my dc2 and i just dont understeer at all.

These are the best tyre iv ever had the pleasure to drive with, and the wear rate isnt to bad at all. Even in the wet these are proberbly the best tyres ive used, i really have to be pushing very hard to get any understeer in the wet

Brilliant tyre and i would recommend to anyone

any

that will not be till 2014 mate.
r888 are not 100% road legal now,but it is like the you can drive your car to an MOT station without an MOT,you are meant to drive the r888's to track use and when home take them off.

I have these fitted to my dc2 and i just dont understeer at all.

These are the best tyre iv ever had the pleasure to drive with, and the wear rate isnt to bad at all. Even in the wet these are proberbly the best tyres ive used, i really have to be pushing very hard to get any understeer in the wet

Brilliant tyre and i would recommend to anyone

any

i agree mate they are good.

that will not be till 2014 mate.
r888 are not 100% road legal now,but it is like the you can drive your car to an MOT station without an MOT,you are meant to drive the r888's to track use and when home take them off.

Not strictly true, as certain cars have been sold with R888s and other track tyres from the factory.

Yeah r888s are fully road legal or people would not sell them on new cars and insurance would not touch you. I thought r1r used a harder compound than the 888?

Not strictly true, as certain cars have been sold with R888s and other track tyres from the factory.

r26r and westfield's and so on,track cars.:thumbsup:worried:to drive to the track,have fun and drive home ,then put the track car away.then drive your daily car the rest of the time.but people drive them all the time.(loop hole in the law)
100% true they are not 100% road legal,you can use them thought a loop hole in the law.