New Raider North London

Hello there,

I'm new to the forum but thought I'd check it out as I've just bought a Raider having previously owned a couple of 182's. Picked it up Saturday and it's a cracking little car, superb grip and handling and love the rev-hungry engine.

And although it sometimes divides opinion on looks I think it's far better looking in the flesh – just need to keep that matt grey paint job looking tidy. Picture was from yesterday, weather was crap but good to have a blast.

I've already picked up some decent tips just reading through so thanks!

Oh, and I think I've come across the previous owner (particularly as there aren't many about) – is it good form to engage with them or best not to? Still learning the etiquette...

Cheers,
Tom

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6113a5ccaadf53ba86b4da6b1d6e901c.jpg
    6113a5ccaadf53ba86b4da6b1d6e901c.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 65
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you're enjoying your new car. As for contacting the previous owner, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I mean I'm guessing they were atleast a car enthusiast if not a rs enthusiast and would be interested to see how their previous car is doing.

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you're enjoying your new car. As for contacting the previous owner, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I mean I'm guessing they were atleast a car enthusiast if not a rs enthusiast and would be interested to see how their previous car is doing.

Thanks, appreciate it! Yeah I think I will try and contact him as he may have some useful info or tips.

Cheers,
T

Welcome to the forum :smile: the Raider is a great looking car, good choice.

Yeah go for it with contacting the previous owner, I should think they'd quite like to know it's in good hands :smile:

Welcome!

divides opinion? How can anyone be divided, they are awesome!

Well I think so – but that matt paint may turn out to be a pain in the arse – just ordered some cleaning essentials so should be ok.

How do you find the 200t, I haven't driven one and am interested to hear how they compare – I know reviews have been positive if a bit mixed on whether it's an improvement over the 2.0 NA?

I had a 197 before and it's a more easily obtainable speed and easier to drive, but not as exciting, still fun though. I'm really enjoying it, and glad I changed but it's not everyone's cup of tea! I think the majority of owners would agree.

I had a 197 before and it's a more easily obtainable speed and easier to drive, but not as exciting, still fun though. I'm really enjoying it, and glad I changed but it's not everyone's cup of tea! I think the majority of owners would agree.

Well that's the most important thing, if you prefer it then great. I guess the new Trophy should be a step up again.