new R27 owner

Hello, I'm Robin and I've just bought myself a LY R27 (number 423), and I absolutely love it. It has a miltek exhaust which sounds lovely, and at some point when I get some more funds together, a remap and maybe a front splitter will be going on.

Before this I had an Alfa GTV and before that a 145 cloverleaf, the 197 is so much faster though, and has so much depth that the Alfa (or GTV at least, I still love my old 145) never had.

I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them.

Sounds very similar to mine mate! liquid yellow r27 with miltek, I just received my front splitter for it too from Karl. Will be fitting it soon so will post some pics!

Cheers guys :smiley:, here's some pics for you. tobz102, I look forward to seeing them, the splitter does look bloody good on these cars!

Last edited:
:welcome: to the site mofo.

I thought, robin, GTV, 145, too much of a coincidence so i had to check facebook.

Good choice robin, you'll like it here, no nazis ruling the roost.

:thumbup: just need to get Gio into one now.

:welcome: to the site mofo.

I thought, robin, GTV, 145, too much of a coincidence so i had to check facebook.

Good choice robin, you'll like it here, no nazis ruling the roost.

:thumbup: just need to get Gio into one now.

Hello Wayne! I totally forgot you had a 197 now, how are you finding it in comparison to the 145?

Yeah the Alfa forum got ridiculous and now hardly anyone ever posts, their own fault for being a bunch of cocks.

I think Gio would love one, he hates that V6 :thumbsup:

First track day i did i just thought the clio was about the same handling wise as the 145 but had the power the alfa was missing.

So i thought i'd made the right choice, now a couple of trackdays down i love it, it corners as flat as the 145 did but i'm finding the grip incredible, must be 4 or 5 secs faster at mallory park.

Still have the 145 though, can't see me parting with it for a while :smiley:

First track day i did i just thought the clio was about the same handling wise as the 145 but had the power the alfa was missing.

So i thought i'd made the right choice, now a couple of trackdays down i love it, it corners as flat as the 145 did but i'm finding the grip incredible, must be 4 or 5 secs faster at mallory park.

Still have the 145 though, can't see me parting with it for a while :smiley:

It's the grip what has got me too, it's the first car I've had that I just don't quite have the balls or talent to be able to push to its limits, where as the 145 I could do that frequently, but then mine was nowhere near as sorted as yours was :smiley:

I'm glad you still have the 145, I was planning on keeping the GTV, but I just couldn't see a point, it was way too heavy for what it was, the parts were much more expensive and I don't think I would ever have the knowledge to make it the car it should have been.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jack_R27 New Members 6
VehicleOfChoice New Members 13
T New Members 12
Priyank.A New Members 20
Flames83 Clio 197 Area 12