New person signing in, on the look out for a 197

I will miss the torque, the Clio will have about half as much, but my daily car at the moment is a 1.4 rover 25 beast. Anything will feel faster than that! LOL.

I don't mind that it will be slower, I'm just after a change.

Cool, was just a heads up. We tend to get two types on people pass through here. The ones that love to thrash them and appreciate it, and the ones that have come from some big turbo Jap or German car and can't cope with the lack of toque then look at the cost of a supercharger and sell up :smiley:

You do get spoilt when you've had a bigger engined car or turbo. The power is just there. In a way, you get lazy! You have to appreciate a car for what it is/what it was designed for.

I will miss the torque, the Clio will have about half as much, but my daily car at the moment is a 1.4 rover 25 beast. Anything will feel faster than that! LOL.

I don't mind that it will be slower, I'm just after a change.

Welcome over! I swapped from my old Datsun, and havnt looked back!

The lack of torque is annoying at times, but its made up for elsewhere!:thumbup1:

id have the s14a over my clio anytime :smile: only had the clio a month which cost 7k and it likes to randomly chuck up errors on the dash which is usually solved by turning car off and on, just gotta live with it till i sell it and the levin to get a 350 :smiley: fun little car though but i can pretty much gaurantee your silvia has better mpg than the clio lol

just noticed the s14a looks identical to the ae111 minus the spoiler :/

Last edited:
Would get between 18 and 28 mpg in the Nissan on v power, depending on what sort of driving. Clio does seem to have a bad rep for fuel economy, but surely you can't be that fussed with it when buying any sort of performance car?

tbh i didnt really think of the clio as a performance car, just a nice little hatchback to run around in, so was a bit suprised to average 23mpg and 12 if your enthusiastic :worried: lol

Mine does quite a few short trips and I get about 27mpg, I've seen 34mpg on a decent long run and could average 30mpg with sensible driving. It's not great but its hardly a V8 either.

Very enthusiastic/track driving will see you well in to the teens though lol