New pads - which ones?

So, end of Sept when i had my service Renault said in the next month or two id need some new pads (didnt say front or rear...) so for now im thinking just buy some front pads.

Intend to continue to do the odd track day and also just want a decent pad in general.

Out of the ones Ktec display (http://www.k-tecracing.com/search_results.asp) what would people recommend.
tempted to just go for the standard Renault ones as they seemed to work well enough but have also heard good things about the Ferodo DS2500

Personal preference, and from many a car running them, for a compromise between spirited fast road driving and the occasional trackday, I would opt for the DS2500's.
for me, I cant fault them atall, they work well and suit my driving and braking style and do give a decent compromise if you don't wish to be changing pads between road and track use.

You have answered your own question really, the stock pads are already a pretty good all round pad. DS's are probably the best replacement, but the don't really justify the extra cost. Out of all the pads that are available you are picking from the 2 best to work on the stock setup, everything else kills the disc's. Personally I would just keep putting standards in,

Who needs brakes!

New discs all round for me soon not that I use them.

Just a new set of Pagid on the rear's and probably some DS2500 or CL's on the front.

Personal preference, and from many a car running them, for a compromise between spirited fast road driving and the occasional trackday, I would opt for the DS2500's.
for me, I cant fault them atall, they work well and suit my driving and braking style and do give a decent compromise if you don't wish to be changing pads between road and track use.

this :thumbsup:

I bought some brembo pads from eBay for a similar price and I have thought for a while they probably aren't genuine. They are fine for normal road use but I have some hot judder when I push hard which is normally caused by the pad material not heating the disc evenly

I bought some brembo pads from eBay for a similar price and I have thought for a while they probably aren't genuine. They are fine for normal road use but I have some hot judder when I push hard which is normally caused by the pad material not heating the disc evenly

Thanks - may be best to play it safe and get some pads from Ktec then. Would rather spend the extra and know whatever im buying is genuine