New owner 197 F1 for track day fun

Evening everyone

A few weeks ago I picked up a 197 F1 as a little bit of fun and to do some track days with. I have been reading lots of info on this forum since so I thought I would say hello.

Spec wise it’s just right for what I want to do:

stripped rear
Half cage
Sparco seats and harnesses
Sparco wheels
Nankang ns2r (will kill them on the next track day)
Cat back exhaust
H&R springs
Ds2500 pads
sparco steering wheel

loving it so far! Got Bedford booked on the 28th so I’m just getting her ready. I have a cup wing waiting to go on which I have gone a bit different with on the colour scheme. I changed out the ancient willans harnesses to the black Sparco ones. And just doing general maintenance, service, track rod ends, alignment, brake fluid etc...

a have a couple of minor issues if anyone can help.

rear calipers bleed nipple seized, what’s the quickest and most cost effective way to sort this?

airbag light on due to steering wheel, any ideas?

I look forward to meeting some of you track day goers and listening to your expertise. I am generally a jap car guy, but this car makes me smile for different reasons. I now love a roundabout lol.

Here is my little Clio!

507d2295911770efda189655e34ee19c.jpg

5e74ce7e063f23eb824ad7c41dfccead.jpg

50005b94a3f3bcd23728fe3e674ef81d.jpg

61889a3a9197e4ca514d50bf2cfe4ef9.jpg

b5a6e56efd98f6adb76ecf20f5f09dc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Looks good!

I'm also at Bedford on the 28th along with a couple others from here :smile:

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Saw you there yesterday but with car problems I completely forgot you were from here!

Car seemed to be going well!

Never got chance to say hi, sadly. I got talking to your mates with the Honda’s.

saw you circuit and I was behind when you had that wriggle and slide round the hairpin before the long straight.

car looked good and hopefully see you on another trackday

Saw you there yesterday but with car problems I completely forgot you were from here!

Car seemed to be going well!

I was having so much fun I didn’t even think to talk to the other Clio drivers [emoji23]

Never got chance to say hi, sadly. I got talking to your mates with the Honda’s.

saw you circuit and I was behind when you had that wriggle and slide round the hairpin before the long straight.

car looked good and hopefully see you on another trackday

That was the story of the day, back end all over the place. Car was so much fun through I completely fell in love with it. When it dried up the car became a pretty little weapon. Didn’t skip a beat all day, couldn’t be happier with it.

The Honda boys all loved it too, one or two may be converted. One of my mates got this footage...

Welcome to the group. I’ve also got a black F1. What number is yours?

Thanks for the welcome. I’ll have a look next time I’m in the car, something I should probably know [emoji23]

Reactions: Beany
Yeah my rear ended was extremely twitchy throughout the day and had plenty of times fighting it :smile:

had a slide infront of your mate with Fk8 type R

Reactions: lewishunter98
Had a slide on that corner too! That little chicane is super slippy in the wet

And the left hander before that was a nightmare too, actually went off on that one [emoji23]

Car looks great, welcome to the forum! Where are you based?

Thanks bro. North London Enfield you?

Booked snetterton on the 22nd October, anyone going to that?

I want to go to Bedford on the 25th of September but no one is free at the moment. Any of you guys booked and mind if I join? Don’t really fancy going on my own [emoji23]

I’m in Yorkshire, God’s county. My car is getting built at the moment by Matt at Supreme Motorsoprt ([mention]R27WTF [/mention]) so I’ve nothing booked in for this year yet. We’ll have to see whether it’s ready to sneak a track day in by the end of the year. My first one will be a shakedown at either Donington or Cadwell Park, followed by Nürburgring and Spa at some point in 2021. My Instagram handle is @R20BTG and I’m posting progress pics on there.

Reactions: Beany

Similar Thread Suggestions