New owner 197 cup

Hi all, new to the forum, just purchased 2008 197 cup in white yesterday. Extremely pleased with it. I'm based in Essex. The car has a very slight knocking/docking noise when going over bumps, hopefully you guys can give me any clues to what it is! Spent 6 hours cleaning it today she's looking gorgeous, clay barred, polished and hd wax, I'll post some pictures when it's finish.

Hi welcome.

We've a lunch time meet over north weild on this Sunday. Bring it along and we'll have a listen got that knock if you fancy it :smile:

Thanks guys, I can't this Sunday, I just notice that the top stabiliser above the engine has serious movement could that be the problem as I'm getting the same knock when I'm changing gear

Thanks Rogue, ordered one from renaults, comes in Tuesday, hopefully this will cure it. Yeah looks quite easy enough to change

Well I've change the top stabiliser engine mount, still getting a knocking noise when changing gear and going over bumps (mainly when changing gear but changing up not down), dog bone possibly?

Well I've change the top stabiliser engine mount, still getting a knocking noise when changing gear and going over bumps (mainly when changing gear but changing up not down), dog bone possibly?

I got similar with mine, seems like every knock I was having was caused by engine mounts. I replaced the top stabilizer with Powerflex inserts and also added the top engine mount Powerflex insert too. It's added a good amount of vibration to the car, but it feels totally solid now and the car drives much better than it did before.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2714.jpg
    IMG_2714.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 52
I got similar with mine, seems like every knock I was having was caused by engine mounts. I replaced the top stabilizer with Powerflex inserts and also added the top engine mount Powerflex insert too. It's added a good amount of vibration to the car, but it feels totally solid now and the car drives much better than it did before.

attachment.php

thanks mate, I've seen these on eBay 181656182687, do a lot people recommend these mount inserts? How's the vibration? It's my daily driver so just want to know if it's bearable. it's going over my mechanics tomorrow to give it a full service and the once over hopefully he'll find the problem

thanks mate, I've seen these on eBay 181656182687, do a lot people recommend these mount inserts? How's the vibration? It's my daily driver so just want to know if it's bearable. it's going over my mechanics tomorrow to give it a full service and the once over hopefully he'll find the problem

There is quite a big increase in vibration, mostly at idle. I did both mounts at the same time (torque and top), apparently the torque alone doesn't add too much, most of it comes from the top mount because that's where the engine sits on the frame so the vibration is easily passed through.

IMO there is quite a lot of vibration added, mine too is a daily driver. I guess if you're "fussy" it could prove to be a bit of a pain. Personally for me, each day I drive it I notice it less and less (had it fitted almost a week now) and it drives so much better than it did before, I wouldn't change it back.

The only other alternative, which I believe is just as good, but also more expensive (have no experience of this mysefl) - Powerflex Torque mount, but then the Vibra Technics top mount rather than the Powerflex insert. http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3955&appid=3

There is quite a big increase in vibration, mostly at idle. I did both mounts at the same time (torque and top), apparently the torque alone doesn't add too much, most of it comes from the top mount because that's where the engine sits on the frame so the vibration is easily passed through.

IMO there is quite a lot of vibration added, mine too is a daily driver. I guess if you're "fussy" it could prove to be a bit of a pain. Personally for me, each day I drive it I notice it less and less (had it fitted almost a week now) and it drives so much better than it did before, I wouldn't change it back.

The only other alternative, which I believe is just as good, but also more expensive (have no experience of this mysefl) - Powerflex Torque mount, but then the Vibra Technics top mount rather than the Powerflex insert. http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3955&appid=3

Thanks for getting back to me. When you replaced the torque mount, was there plenty of movement in the old one? As you know I replaced the top mount stabiliser with genuine Renault one (the old one was wobbling around) but it has made no difference to the knocking. I'm thinking replacing the torque mount and dog bone mount with powerflex inserts and leaving the top one as standard so the vibration won't be so bad. I think the vibration will drive me mad to be honest, but so is this f***ing knocking :lol:

Similar Thread Suggestions