New member with a non sport!

Evening all..

My name is Declan, Trainee electrical design engineer, and before you all condemn me for buying a non sport, I've just sold my 182, I have a mk2 GTi 16v project and a 106GTi which has sat in the garage for the past few months.

I was looking at buying a 197, and selling the GTi's, but its went from a 5 mile round trip from home to my office, to a 45 mile round trip there and back. And being in the last year of my apprenticeship I'm not on amazing money at the moment.

I haven't got any pictures of my previous cars except my first car (1.2 8v mk2 ph2 clio) and my new car. I'll take some over the weekend though.

cliolow-1.jpg

Thats my first car, ended up getting broken for parts as it went in for the MOT and needed SO much work done. was on coilovers, helpers removed on the rear, had a straight through exhaust, enough LED's to light up the titanic, and 2 books worth of sticker bombing.

20120713_173049.jpg

Pick this up on Friday 20th. 1.4 Dynamique S, 37k, FSH, Getting a service before I pick it up and i'm getting the garage to do the cambelt.

Looking on here for potential ideas on what to do to the new car, as i've seen a few nice non sports on cliosport, and the idea is that maybe a few of the how to's can be used on my non sport.

Already bought an aux lead to fit to the update list head unit, bought a few LED's to replace interior and number plate LED's however i've heard that its a mix and match between all the different clio's on what bulbs were used.

Cheers all!

Last edited:
Thanks mate!

would you say its worth becoming a paid member to gain access to the how to section even though I have a non sport?

DONE!

It seems a bit more friendly on here than cliosport. I'm used to being on VW forums where there all backstabbers anyways! haha

Welcome aboard Declan!

I'm sure there'll be ideas and advice on here that you can take to your new'un. Get some photos up of the projects up as well when you get a chance, always good to see work-in-progress'. :smile:

:welcome:young man your welcome on here any time especially as you want a 197 and not a fuggly 200 :thumbup:

Pics as requested of mk2 project:

From this:
37.jpg
29.jpg

Paint:
471.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

Thats just over 2 years of progress, Next plan is looking at engine conversions as the mk2 16v engine isn't the best, been looking at 1.8 20VT it, but its mega money for that.

I'll try dig out photos of the 106 also.

Welcome to the site. It'll be nice to have a non sport on the site looking for tips and tricks. It should give some variety to the place :smile:

Gti look nice, still regret not picking one of these up a few years back when I was in the market for one :worried:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H New Members 6
R New Members 4
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7