New member from South Africa

Good morning members

I am new here as the title suggests, from South Africa. I purchased a Clio RS 197 3 days ago, with little to no knowledge on them. Hoping to learn from this forum!!

I am more knowledgeable on the Volkswagen 1.9 TDI platform, as I have owned mine for 11 years. Still have mine atm. Sold my 2013 Volkswagen Tiguan TDI to buy the Clio, a project car for my Youtube channel. The car needs a little loving and care, but with the help of this forum I am hoping to restore it back to it's former glory. I'll browse the forum and start a rides thread, if that is even still a thing in 2020 :grimacing:IMG_9719.JPG

Hey Etienne. The 197 is a lekka car reminds me of the Mk2 Golf 16v just more modern. I hope you can make it nice in SA I know nobody there rates Renault very much. Hopefully parts are also easy to come by. Cheers bru

Hey Etienne. The 197 is a lekka car reminds me of the Mk2 Golf 16v just more modern. I hope you can make it nice in SA I know nobody there rates Renault very much. Hopefully parts are also easy to come by. Cheers bru

Thanx bud. So far it has not been a very good experience tbh :censored: But I'm hoping to get it sorted. Will post a detailed writeup in the correct section of the forum to get more answers. To get back to the point, I believe parts will be extremely hard to come by as these were never really that popular here by us

My buddy has a black 197 in Cape Town. He got a new exhaust manifold at Noisey Boys exhausts so that’s at least one part you can get there. There is also a Aussie forum, OZRS, and there’s another SAFR on there who might know a few spots in SA.