new guy with 197

hey

im james, just bought on the weekend an albi blue 197 and thought i would sign up here as i did a bit of lurking before actually buying one and reading the buyers guide and stuff. i just copied across the thing i put on pistonheads, if you are on there im C2james. :smile:

so after over 3 years of owning my C2 it is finally time to part ways. it has served me well through learning to drive and attending nearly every SS in the past 2+ yrs, it wasnt that quick or well built but it was actually pretty good and i really good first car to me as it never broke down once and was generally pretty good, here is the last picture i have of it.

a bit dirty
DSC_0896_zpsee3699dc.jpg

and then today i picked up this albi blue 197, the wheels are a bit darker than i wanted but the rest of the car is actually quite good with just a few cosmetic bits of pieces for me to sort out and also some need to get some good tyres on it as the garage put on some ditchfinder piece of ****. :hehe: will probably swap to conti 5s rather than the pirelli nero zeros on it at the moment. body work is in fairly good condition and just needs to be tidied up a bit in some places but that is to be expected of an early car like this. here are a few pictures i took when i collected it today, will get some better pictures soon.

DSC_0899_zpse3ad7d8e.jpg

DSC_0898_zpsbf83bcc5.jpg

DSC_0897_zps64c73e4a.jpg

The car also comes with climate control which is nice, the cabasse 6 cd stereo and a milltek catback. the previous owner put an ipod connector in and one of the things i need to sort out is the stereo distorts at high volume which is annoying but im hoping its just to do with the sub thing that is in the boot and what the owner put all the settings to.

hope you guys find this slightly interesting. :smile:

Looks good mate, milltek catback too.. happy days!

I'll swap my silver raiders for your black ones if you don't like the darker look. Just saying ;/

ha cheers for the comments guys, the wheels are a bit funny as the garage painted them before i bought the car and i wanted them a lighter colour but they arent black they are just very very dark grey.

ha cheers for the comments guys, the wheels are a bit funny as the garage painted them before i bought the car and i wanted them a lighter colour but they arent black they are just very very dark grey.

Did you ask for a specific colour or did they just do what they wanted?

Got any plans for it mate? :smile:

i asked for anthracite but they seem to have done it a shade darker, don't think i will do anything to it yet apart from sorting out a few scruffy cosmetic bits and trying to afford four new tyres. haha

i asked for anthracite but they seem to have done it a shade darker, don't think i will do anything to it yet apart from sorting out a few scruffy cosmetic bits and trying to afford four new tyres. haha

Anthracite can be rather dark though at times, maybe it will lighten hahaaa. I personally think the 'black' wheels like beast anyway mate, that's how i'd keep it :tongueout:roud:

Haha once you start looking through the project threads and the parts for sale the wallet comes out trust me! :scared: Although I just brought another Arsenal shirt because of transfer deadline day haha ;/

Welcome to the forum. I'm a long term lurker over on Pistonheads so saw this thread over the weekend.

Nice looking 197....great upgrade too!

Yeah I will be at the silverstone SS, just had a mate look at my car and he confirms that the cabasse stereo is screwed. Will phone the garage this weekend but fear it could be a painful process.

Similar Thread Suggestions