New engine number

how come your getting a new engine? im gettin mine back next week coz mine blew up lol!

Seans was being tuned with a supercharger kit on standard internals.

This car is a standard engine, you wouldn't get a new one out of Renault if it was modified as they don't do any warranty approved tuning kits.

To be fair this is the first case through this forum, apart from Seans which popped at 280bhp

Have you found out if it's a 200 engine ?

No its a 197 engine, also new looms, clutch (im paying for this bit) and also alternator! Think the bill for renault is 10k ish so far lol! glad im not paying it!

The con rod went stright through the front of the block! Not sure why yet, ill find out when i pick it up, then ill update my thread with the details. Freak case tho me thinks. But getting it back with a new bumper, front splitter and cup spoiler so proper lookin forward to it! Thought i might as well wait a bit longer lol!

Keeping it mate, its not my money lol! Its all warrenty, its a 2 and a half year old car, the engine should not of gone bang, always serviced on time, always warmed up berfore gunning it etc, this is renaults fault. If it was insurance then it would prob be written off.
Its not put me off owning it, i still love it, just seriously unlucky!

No its a 197 engine, also new looms, clutch (im paying for this bit) and also alternator! Think the bill for renault is 10k ish so far lol! glad im not paying it!

The con rod went stright through the front of the block! Not sure why yet, ill find out when i pick it up, then ill update my thread with the details. Freak case tho me thinks. But getting it back with a new bumper, front splitter and cup spoiler so proper lookin forward to it! Thought i might as well wait a bit longer lol!

been a few con-rods let go :'(

been a few on rs forum with engine failure and a guy i know had a rod go - but they werent to recent !!

My mates golf has just had a new engine under w'tee (dephaser pully and cams caused the problem)
W'tee is not extended pass the original though.