New engine mount - still rattling

Hi all,

Have fitted my new Vibra Technics lower torque link following the fitment of my scorpion exhaust and toyosport manifold as recommended yet I'm still getting some contact under the car from the new system around the cross member that hides said lower torque link.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what I can do next? It's driving me nuts!

Mike

Is it definitely from the front end? My scorpion rattled under the car when it was installed due to a loose bracket.

The garage where I had my exhaust and engine mount fitted also filed off a very small bit of metal off to stop the manifold knocking. Took probably 3mm off at the most I'd say. Stopped the Toyosport knocking at all.

The garage where I had my exhaust and engine mount fitted also filed off a very small bit of metal off to stop the manifold knocking. Took probably 3mm off at the most I'd say. Stopped the Toyosport knocking at all.

Ah thanks bud, was it the same bit it was knocking on?

you will need to notch the subframe to clear - easy enough with a ramp and angle grinder!

think everyone that's fitted that manifold has had to some extent mod it to stop it touching the crossmember

could use washers as long as you can still bolt it up tight enough so it doesn't work loose

think everyone that's fitted that manifold has had to some extent mod it to stop it touching the crossmember

could use washers as long as you can still bolt it up tight enough so it doesn't work loose

Cool, thanks bud - yeah looks like lots of people have had trouble