New clio owner

Hi I'm now in the club I'm picking my clio 197 cup white (08) up Thursday and just fort I'd say hiya, yes I'm 17 but don't let that put you off haha. I had the choose between 197 or a vxr and my friend has the vxr so I wanted a 197 (hot hatch club ) plus I wanted something that will give it a run for it's money (vxr) I just wanted to ask a question off the start are the K&N Apollo induction kits worth the money? I'm debating if I should get one or not???

Welcome along matey.

Moved to the relevant section for you so don't worry about that.

Not sure about the K&N induction kit personally a lot of people on here either run the ITG Maxogen/K-tec/V6 Airbox setups.

Morning fella - I looked at the Corsa VXRs as well but they just have so many cooling and piston 4 problems. I think u made the right choice with the cup as it handles and brakes far better than the corsa.

Dunno about the induction kit, it appears that the engine is pretty highly tuned out of the box so an investment of this nature looks like it only gives minimal gains.

Morning fella - I looked at the Corsa VXRs as well but they just have so many cooling and piston 4 problems. I think u made the right choice with the cup as it handles and brakes far better than the corsa.

Dunno about the induction kit, it appears that the engine is pretty highly tuned out of the box so an investment of this nature looks like it only gives minimal gains.

V6 air box conversion gives the best bang for buck but we're talking 5bhp max. It's more the delivery of the power it addresses.

I've noticed that changing my hoses to exon ones has helped with delivery a little :smile:

Welcome mate.

If you plan to give him a drag race, just don't. You will lose. Take him to the twisties. And wave goodbye :smile:)

Welcome along. As [MENTION=4391]Deaks[/MENTION] says You will struggle in a straight line with the vxr's turbo but get him under braking & on the corners and watch him drop further back, or hope he isnt too quick and drops off boost :lol:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S New Members 6
R5GTT New Members 2
craigkitch New Members 4
Mr.1777 New Members 7
R New Members 8