New Brakes All Round

Last edited:
look fine to me

rear disc abs rings are actually part of the oil seal bearing...

cannot see many discs not being supplied without these nowadays

dont forget 36mm socket for hub nut :coffee:

Perfect, thank you very much Mr.Foxspeed :smile:

I'll probably pick up the fronts at the end of this month and do the rears next month at a guess. Just not sure if I should do the fluid or not. I had it changed about 3/4months ago so might leave that a little while, get the new pads/discs in then change that if I still feel its necessary. Not 100% confident doing it myself as I've never done brake fluid change before.

I have, so I might do that swap if/when I change the fluid next. Mines feeling a little spongey after this weekends antics, which is a pain because its pretty fresh fluid.

Although the crap feeling and poor lap times could have something to do with my discs looking like walkers crinkle crisps right now...

IMG_0924_zpsa19532ea.jpg

Awwww eck! I feel ripped off paying £60 for front brembo pads now

Do you really think the fluid could be responsible rather than just coincidence?

Both Chris and I have squeaky clutch pedals and both started just after a brake fluid change to ATE.

Trust us, don't bother with ATE, it's just not worth the risk of having the squeak! It's really really annoying!

Saying that, because it's blue it makes it so much easier to change.

Funny you guys say this I've just had ATE put in and got a squeaky clutch pedal thought it was my trainer rubbing on pedal lol is this ok?

Do you really think the fluid could be responsible rather than just coincidence?

There are at least 3 of us that within 24 hours of changing to this fluid we have developed a squeeking clutch pedal. It must be related. I'll find out when I get round to changing the fluid back again.

Chris