New 200

Makaveli160

Paid Member
Considering a move to the 200 from the 197.

My 197 is paid for, a 2006 40k great condition car with a few good mods and cambelt and everything done recently.

Just wondered if there were people who have made this move and could give me a general breakdown of trade-in or private sale for my car and what they are/ would be paying monthly for a new/ newish 200.

What are the best deals i.e. Pcp etc although i would want to keep the car for the longrun.

Help/ advice Appreciated.

I pay £320 a month for a 5 year pcp finance trough Arnold Clark with a lender called fortis. Took a 1500 deposit (my last car)

Theres a Renault dealer employee who posts over on Cliosport alot about current PCP rates for those interested. As you can imagine this changes from financial quater to financial quater, but his last post said:

*link*

Headline Clio 200 best 'payment' offers are on 4 year PCP (6000 miles per annum)

Clio 200 Cup £999 deposit/£239 per month*
Clio 200 £999 deposit/£259 per month*
APR 7.9%

3 year PCP (6000 miles per annum)
Clio 200 Cup £999 deposit/£259 per month*
Clio 200 £999 deposit/£279 per month*
APR 7.9%

*Plus optional final payment

I personally have mine on a 2yr deal, £999 deposit and £199 per month but those rates have long gone now.

You can pay more to have the milage increased thats not set in stone at all. I personally dont care as going over the mileage is just £0.06 per mile (so £600 if you do an additional 10k miles for example).

Obviously mileage only comes into it if you decide to hand back and walk away at the end of the deal anyway, you can still Part-ex the car or buy out right in which case it wont matter.

Fair enough! If only the old Renault Dealer was still where it was in Derby, i'd be able to get a good deal as my old man worked there 20 years ago!

Hahaha tell me about it, The Renault Sunwin/Co-Operative is a joke i will not make that mistake again.

I personally drove down to Crawley Down (Richard1) and ordered my 200 from him rather than use the one here in Derby, that says it all really! :jumpon:

Yeh I went to Basingstoke as apposed to Aldershot as the guy from Aldershot promised to get me a 200 to test drive - still haven't heard from him!

So i take it the monthly payment would be less if i traded in my car or sold privately and took the money off?

As £200-£300 a month seems like a lot of money when i dont pay anything at the moment.

So PCP is basically like a lease, you have monthly payments and a baloon deal at the end if you decide to keep the car?

Then hire purchase/ finance where your basically getting a loan with quite a high interest rate?

Apologies bit of a noob with all this, only thinking about it at the moment and obviously dont want to do something ill regret down the line.

Thanks

So i take it the monthly payment would be less if i traded in my car or sold privately and took the money off?

As £200-£300 a month seems like a lot of money when i dont pay anything at the moment.

So PCP is basically like a lease, you have monthly payments and a baloon deal at the end if you decide to keep the car?

Then hire purchase/ finance where your basically getting a loan with quite a high interest rate?

Apologies bit of a noob with all this, only thinking about it at the moment and obviously dont want to do something ill regret down the line.

Thanks

Yeah thats right.

PCP = Lease for Y period + Balloon Payment.
Finance = You repay the entire cars value over Y period of time.

What alot of people forget that while £200/£300 may sound like alot compared to what you pay now, essentially you are paying something equivilant to that in depreciation when you purchase a new car anyway. Its just not as obvious how much until the time you come to sell.

So theory here but as an example:
Pay £15k cash for the car, sell after 2yrs and the cars value is £9k.
Lease a £15k car, trade back at the end of the deal the £9k car and walk away.

In both scenarios you are essentially paying the same thing and you are both walking away with the same amount of money after owning the car. The difference is you have that 9k tied up in the asset if you purchase but you dont if you lease.

Make sense?

Yeah makes sense mate, cheers

Might pop into renault see what there offering.

Just nice knowin i own my car, and arent paying anything out.

But having a brand new car is something i've always wanted lol

Just can i justify an outlay of £200-£300 for a newer version of what i already have.

Thanks

Similar Thread Suggestions