New 197 owner

Hi all.

I picked up my 197 in Deep Black around 4 weeks ago but just starting to drive it recently. I previously had a lightly modded Mazda 6mps putting out around 290bhp, but it never felt very 'focused' and I decided I needed a change with the RS Clio fitting the bill nicely.

Car has 44k miles, FSH, Scorpion cat-back, RS rear spoiler, RS front lip and lowered (not sure on what yet). The ride is pretty stiff so not sure if the shocks have also been done....further investigation required!

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the car. It's in amazing condition inside and out with exception of the steering wheel starting to peel (will recover or replace eventually) and a bit of flat spot (presumably due in part to the Scorpion). I'm looking into various tuning options and am leaning towards the RS Tuner but need to do a bit more reading before I decide.

I'll also be paying up in the next day or two as I know how valuable these forums can be.

Thanks

attachment.php

Attachments

• clio pic 1.jpg
    clio pic 1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 123
A Great example, that looks so mint! Enjoy the coming miles and smiles, a big upgrade from Mazda :wink:
I mean lets be frank here, there was no Mazda Cup or Pedigree in motorsport with the MPS, just a whole lot of power on front wheels... LOL!

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking 197, best colour too!

Any questions, feel free to ask.

A Great example, that looks so mint! Enjoy the coming miles and smiles, a big upgrade from Mazda :wink:
I mean lets be frank here, there was no Mazda Cup or Pedigree in motorsport with the MPS, just a whole lot of power on front wheels... LOL!

Thanks for all the welcomes:smile:

It certainly is a big change from the Mazda - definitely a lot more focused. I think the lack of involvement in motorsport is the reason that the MPS range never really took off. In saying that, it was a great car and the 6mps had 4wd as well so the 290bhp was easily handled. I did a track day in it and there was very little that could touch me on the straights, but it was a bit of a barge in the corners (about 1660kg) which is why I changed to the Clio.

Excellent car mate. You must be really happy. Really like that splitter. Ace.

Definitely make sure you know exactly suspension you're running. Unless it's all been done correctly it could be hurting the handling. Best to be sure.

Similar Thread Suggestions