Need help please with blown glove box light

Ppa

Paid Member
Was attempting to swap out glove box light and accidentally touched connector with screw driver blade when removing bulb...which sparked

no longer have interior lights or back wiper

checked all fuses (i think) in compartment under steering wheel (none appear blown)

same again under bonnet in engine compartment

any suggestions, pointers very much welcome

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    590.8 KB · Views: 10
Thank you so much for coming back to me so quickly

Pulling my hair out

Not only that

But I don’t actually understand your greatly appreciated message

Would it be possible for you to spell it out for me please

Thanks again

I’d check the fuses for the items you say are not working.
As you’ve seen, the link describes where the fuses are. That’s what I’d start with.

However it is strange that it’s caused multiple items to fail at once. That’s about as helpful as my knowledge goes.

@turkie172 will definitely have some suggestions.

This is from a keyless entry 2008 197 so at a guess the main fuses that powers the computer might have went and most likely around the battery fuse box holder or the UPC in the fuse box on the passenger side wheel arch. I'll keep looking here but what car are we looking at 197/200 CUP or keyless.

You might have to pop the under steering wheel panel to see the rest of the passenger compartment fuses or find another way to unmount the fuse holder as the top two rows are not visible from the picture.

Did you check the fuses underneath the secondary air intake trumpet mate?

Thanks guys
Got there in the end
The issue is that the top two banks /rows of fuses were obscured by the steering column shroud - so kept missing them
Was back and forward into the fuses under the intake until eventually the penny dropped
Anyway
Now to put back together!
Never did work out how to fully remove shroud (ended up just bending it so i could get fuse out and replace!!

Attachments

• Unknown-5.jpeg
    Unknown-5.jpeg
    663.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Unknown-4.jpeg
    Unknown-4.jpeg
    689.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Unknown-3.jpeg
    Unknown-3.jpeg
    542 KB · Views: 10
  • Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    590.8 KB · Views: 9
Thanks guys
Got there in the end
The issue is that the top two banks /rows of fuses were obscured by the steering column shroud - so kept missing them
Was back and forward into the fuses under the intake until eventually the penny dropped
Anyway
Now to put back together!
Never did work out how to fully remove shroud (ended up just bending it so i could get fuse out and replace!!
The clips on the centre console side are quite stubborn! Glad to hear it's all sorted now though.

Great

Thank you

So for future reference and when looking to remove shroud again

Do I just take out the three holding screws and then pull like mofo to release clips?

And i don’t need to go near centre console?

Great

Thank you

So for future reference and when looking to remove shroud again

Do I just take out the three holding screws and then pull like mofo to release clips?

And i don’t need to go near centre console?
Spot on! That's how I took the panel off.

Great to have a thread complete with a result and a good one at that so I guess something non metal next time when working with the glovebox light.

1604789812039.png

Exactly!

School boy error

Was typical

Replacing existing yellow bulb with slightly whiter one in glove box was always on the list

However was waiting till I took on stereo and had glove box out as read that was best route

Was so engrossed with stereo and lost concentration re bulb swap (it stupidly became secondary / naively thought cake walk in comparison to getting head round wiring and what was what with the sounds)

Funny how I always seem to take one step forward and three back

Rabbit holes comes to mind

Everywhere

At almost every turn!

ADHT too!!

But that’s the enjoyment I guess and all part and parcel of familiarising yourself / getting to know the car

Thanks again for helping

Reactions: burrellbloke