NEED HELP NEVER BOTHERED BEFORE

I'll be honest with you, I've had more black and dark grey cars than any other colour, they are a nightmare to keep but look the best when clean! As a total novice I'd say just wash with a good lambs wool mit as suggested, use the two bucket method, this will keep you maring down, but one very important thing is a power washer, even you don't use snowfoam (loosens up the dirt before power washing off) just the power washer on its own to wash as much of the grit and crap off before you put a mit near it!

Then the poor boys black hole glaze or a good quick detailer, menzerna is the one I use, it's great and very easy to put on and off

I'd avoid clay bar unless you know what you are doing as you could end up with paint maring due to incorrect use, it's really for removing road contamination and that is more after a good few thousand miles or after winter driving!

Stick to the basic stuff and you'll be fine, secret is to get rid of as much crap before the mitt goes near the paint

Oh yes a large microfibre drying cloth is great for fast drying too, I use two as it's much faster drying off with two.

Reactions: ///M
Lots of sound advice in here Kev.

If you keep up with regular washing it's easier to manage.

Snow foam and pressure wash first (gently, not full blast) to get as much grit off as possible before you touch the car.

Two buckets, dip in the shampoo bucket, start at the top (cleanest) and work to the bottom (dirtiest). Constantly go back to the clean water bucket to rinse the mit and keep as much grit off it as possible then back to the shampoo bucket and carry on.

Two towels is a real big help. Really careful drying, it's a point where it's really easy to drag a bit of grit right across your car.

Keep everything as clean and free of grit as possible. If anything touches the floor it's game over :smiley:

If you do that, and then hit it with some PB Black Hole and then give it a coat of Zaino Clear Seal your car will look like it's made of glass.

:smile:

I'll be honest with you, I've had more black and dark grey cars than any other colour, they are a nightmare to keep but look the best when clean! As a total novice I'd say just wash with a good lambs wool mit as suggested, use the two bucket method, this will keep you maring down, but one very important thing is a power washer, even you don't use snowfoam (loosens up the dirt before power washing off) just the power washer on its own to wash as much of the grit and crap off before you put a mit near it!

Then the poor boys black hole glaze or a good quick detailer, menzerna is the one I use, it's great and very easy to put on and off

I'd avoid clay bar unless you know what you are doing as you could end up with paint maring due to incorrect use, it's really for removing road contamination and that is more after a good few thousand miles or after winter driving!

Stick to the basic stuff and you'll be fine, secret is to get rid of as much crap before the mitt goes near the paint

Oh yes a large microfibre drying cloth is great for fast drying too, I use two as it's much faster drying off with two.
Thank you bud

Reactions: Cossers
Lots of sound advice in here Kev.

If you keep up with regular washing it's easier to manage.

Snow foam and pressure wash first (gently, not full blast) to get as much grit off as possible before you touch the car.

Two buckets, dip in the shampoo bucket, start at the top (cleanest) and work to the bottom (dirtiest). Constantly go back to the clean water bucket to rinse the mit and keep as much grit off it as possible then back to the shampoo bucket and carry on.

Two towels is a real big help. Really careful drying, it's a point where it's really easy to drag a bit of grit right across your car.

Keep everything as clean and free of grit as possible. If anything touches the floor it's game over :smiley:

If you do that, and then hit it with some PB Black Hole and then give it a coat of Zaino Clear Seal your car will look like it's made of glass.

:smile:
I think iam going to wrap the black pig Mes or iam going blow my brain cell out

Reactions: peter
I think iam going to wrap the black pig Mes or iam going blow my brain cell out

Ha!

Worth the effort mate. Especially with a black car. They look SO good when treated well.

It's pretty straightforward and soon becomes routine. Plus most of it you only do rarely. And it makes cleaning the car in between SO much easier!

Ha!

Worth the effort mate. Especially with a black car. They look SO good when treated well.

It's pretty straightforward and soon becomes routine. Plus most of it you only do rarely. And it makes cleaning the car in between SO much easier!
I'll give it till Spa bud

Reactions: ///M