Need help asap!

On the front suspension, does the spring have a plate on top? Hopefully someone will be able to understand me! I'm not sure what it is.

Cheers

David.

yeah, when i changed my springs, one side fell down from the top of the mount hole thing, and the other side stayed up there. so if you take the shock off one side may fall down and the other one may stay up, its probably stuck up the top of the mount hole. if that makes sense. i think its just a big rubber plastic thing, if i can remember correctly,

i think just this whole black bit drops down

P9170010.gif

Last edited:
I spoke to Dave about this earlier, as I remember the shock is pretty standard regarding the spring, a fixed plate on the shock body and a plate bolted on top to secure the spring. The thing thats different about the 197/225 is the bottom of the shock and how its bolted to the hub

my springs weren't screwed to the top of the shock. just that black plastic lump keeps the spring in the center around the shock, as its molded to fit

Cheers for the reply alex and rich for all the help yesterday. Got everything sorted and it was fine.

The mechanic was actually embarrassed that he didnt notice.