National Driver Alertness Course

HGD

B-Roader
Platinum Member
Anyone got any advice for me on this ....

I had an accident last year that wasn't my fault on the 5th December. More information on the accident HERE. When I was taken to hospital the police officers that came to see me interviewed me and said that no action would be taken against me.

4 months have gone by and today I have a letter come through from the Norfolk constabulary saying they have enough evidence against me to prosecute me in a magistrates court. So they have offered me this £185 National Driver Alertness Course which has pissed me right off.

Is it a good idea to dispute this or should I just do the course to keep Mr.Plod happy???

Thoughts

Seems abit strange how it wasn't your fault but they want you to do that, I would maybe phone them and see what the story is with it and how they have evidence to prosecute you when your not at fault.

Thanks for the advice will ring them first thing Monday. I'm thinking they must be running low on money lol

most solicitors will give you a first appointment free but what are they charging you with?

from your account (i don't doubt it), you were the only one involved and took evasive action to avoid an accident?

If they found the bloke who caused it, dispute it.

I'd just ask them if they meant to send the letter to the BMW driver