My Renaultsport Machine - Glacier White Clio 200 Cup

never been a big fan of them bolt covers..get the tpi black bolts from Fernandez..look much better and they are safer..
like the mats..very nice..

never been a big fan of them bolt covers..get the tpi black bolts from Fernandez..look much better and they are safer..
like the mats..very nice..

Thanks bud. So are the tpi ones durable and don't scuff when removing them etc? Got a link? Thanks.

Very durable. Hard paint, mine haven't scuffed. Look much better. Would recommend.

Also service from [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] is a bonus!

Ok I wanted to remove my wheels last night and clean the insides of them and clean up the calipers etc. I'd recently bought some black plastic wheelnut covers to freshen up the nuts as follows, however, they just would not come off so had to drill a hole in the centres and then hook them out. Ball ache. So just gonna buy some black wheel bolts altogether I think cant be assed with aggro like that every time! The small tool supplies with the wouldn't work either as they were on too tight. Also snap on needle nose pliers couldn't even pull them out. So drilling was a last resort.

These are the covers in question. Probably best to avoid.

F6D93CB5-FE86-44E2-894F-DE921531977B_zpsgo6b398n.jpg

Before fitting these wheel nut covers make sure your wheel nuts are rust/corrosion FREE because if there is any rust or corrosion of any kind the wheel nut covers will be tight going on and even tighter when trying to remove. I fitted similar ones to my wifes 200 cup, in fairness the wheel nuts were as new but I still coated them in grease before fitting the nut covers. I have removed them several times using a plastic removal tool and have had no problems.

Before fitting these wheel nut covers make sure your wheel nuts are rust/corrosion FREE because if there is any rust or corrosion of any kind the wheel nut covers will be tight going on and even tighter when trying to remove. I fitted similar ones to my wifes 200 cup, in fairness the wheel nuts were as new but I still coated them in grease before fitting the nut covers. I have removed them several times using a plastic removal tool and have had no problems.

Mine were fine but were tight going on so I always assumed I'd have to drill them off of the worst came to the worst. Greasing the bolt heads prior to figment is a good plan. However it's too late for that now!

Will probably get some tpi bolts instead I think. Are they high tensile and approved etc? I do not want a wheel coming off on a fast hard corner!

Ok I wanted to remove my wheels last night and clean the insides of them and clean up the calipers etc. I'd recently bought some black plastic wheelnut covers to freshen up the nuts as follows, however, they just would not come off so had to drill a hole in the centres and then hook them out. Ball ache. So just gonna buy some black wheel bolts altogether I think cant be assed with aggro like that every time! The small tool supplies with the wouldn't work either as they were on too tight. Also snap on needle nose pliers couldn't even pull them out. So drilling was a last resort.

These are the covers in question. Probably best to avoid.

F6D93CB5-FE86-44E2-894F-DE921531977B_zpsgo6b398n.jpg

I had the exact same problem!

Just a wee update on this. My akropovic exhaust is seriously awesome. Sometimes she bangs loudly and other times it's less raucos but always enjoyable! :smiley: Anyone else get that? Some morning she burbles and bangs loads and other times it's quieter?

When it stand about 2 days and I give it the first blip of throttle after cold start it bangs very loud, also when the A/C runs, the ECU runs a tiny bit more rich mapping and you also get nice Pop and bangs on the overrun/downshift blips.

Little update on this just to say I am loving my little beastie. Just handles so well and is a hoot to drive fast. Love it. Great little machine.

Anyone know what oil it takes I need to top mine up a wee bit. Thanks.

Haven't been many updates of late, I have just been driving her and enjoying it thoroughly. I gave it a damn good clean again at the weekend and clay'd it etc. Looks so good. I also gave the Recaros a full clean and tackled my seatbelts. Will add some photos later on. Really pleased with the results the interior looks like a brand new car again :smile:

I am considering getting a Megane 250/265 as I love the Clio so much, so I may think about selling her soon. We shall see. At the moment I haven't seen any which are as mint as the Clio or the right spec. I want the same car as my Clio but the Megane version if that makes sense. So cup, Recaro's (cloth not leather ideally), white paint. We shall see!

In the meantime I am thinking of getting either a K&N panel filter or the ITG equivalent to accompany the Akropovic exhaust. While I am sure they are both the same, but does anyone have a particular recommendation? Thanks.

Last edited: