My new toy and why i NEED cup chassis

You need the cam top left, not bottom right.

That is how the iphone works and nothing to do with the laptimer app.

Download "windows live movie maker" for free and you can rotate the video so its the right way round.

i found a way of mounting it without elastic bands and its very, very steady!

down side is its a little tricky to use app but then again you start it before you go out and it auto starts and stops so its not really an issue.

i'll upload the new cam position and video shortly

New mounting position

jVsHA.jpg

THCFH.jpg

[YOUTUBE]ORqVq280ml8[/YOUTUBE]

Only down side is the mount covers the phone but i just turn the app on and get it to video and then position it and let the app do the rest.

clips in nicely to the front vent on the meg, not tried it on the clio yet.

ok i got a obd bluetooth device and with jailbreak + roqybt4 package it adds some more data :smile:

adds, rpm, throttle position, rev counter and gear info

[YOUTUBE]1QdHmGMOFE4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Would any tracks let you on with this though? They tend to be pretty pissy about sucker mounted cams for some reason, I doubt anyone has ever died from an iPhone to the face..

Good setup BTW :thumbsup:

Not sure on who will and won't allow it. If you youtube the tracks that RS use there are tons of vids and in driver briefing at Bedford he specifically said you can use sucker cups provided its was a proper mount.

its cost me £30 in total for the app, mount and bluetooth set up so for that i think its worth it and you can make your own tracks up so a run over buttertubs or what ever you like.

Yeah, it'd be good for 'Tubs runs and the occasional track day. If that money tree in the garden would hurry up and sprout I might get chance to book one this year...