My new toy and why i NEED cup chassis

M

Mentalpen

Got iphone app "Harry's LapTimer Pro", as you can see from the video as i turn out of my street and do a quick run round the block the cup chassis is essential option to some of us.

Questions welcome.

P.S. i'm looking into getting a OBD II device to overlay revs and speedo etc

You can also turn the timing off so as not to break track day rules.

[YOUTUBE]WFCRZga074s[/YOUTUBE]

Firstly, does it film through the iPhone and you just upload that to the computer?

Secondly, loving the music! :smiley:

Firstly, does it film through the iPhone and you just upload that to the computer?

Secondly, loving the music! :smiley:

YES! you film and then overlay all with the app, you can make your own tracks or there is a download list of circuits.

If your circuit isn't on the list you can use google maps and plot it for submission that takes about 2 days to go live.

of i have impeccable music taste. FACT! :thumbup1:

YES! you film and then overlay all with the app, you can make your own tracks or there is a download list of circuits.

If your circuit isn't on the list you can use google maps and plot it for submission that takes about 2 days to go live.

of i have impeccable music taste. FACT! :thumbup1:

Only problem is the gopro camera is a tad weak for fps and wide angle perspective .

harrys lap timer seems to do the job of tools costing £££'s more.. i'm going to use it in July in northern france for a 2 track days which can be found on harrys' track DB...the quality of that vid is excellant mentalpen was the music straight from the in car stereo ?

No, you can simply download for free "windows live movie maker" you can rotate the video if you want the cam near the bottom right like I did.

I then muted the video volume and simply added the music ofer the top from my iTunes library fading it out slowly.

It half a dozen very simple clicks.

One word of warning is 8 mins of video is about 1gb of data an you need that again to overlay and produce the end video.

I intend to take a laptop on trackdays and remove raw video and then replace it later if I run out of room. Battery is another issue as obviously filming for a few hours is going to eat it very quickly.

Oh and you need the pro version or laptimer + the video in app purchase or pro feature in app purchase to film.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only problem is the gopro camera is a tad weak for fps and wide angle perspective .

really:

•Angle of View: 170º ultra wide angle in WVGA, 720p, or 960p mode
•Angle of View: 127º wide angle in 1080p mode

1080p = 1920×1080 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
960p = 1280×960 pixels (4:3), 30 fps, 12 Mbit/s data rate
720p = 1280×720 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
720p = 1280×720 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate
WVGA = 848×480 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate

really:

•Angle of View: 170º ultra wide angle in WVGA, 720p, or 960p mode
•Angle of View: 127º wide angle in 1080p mode

1080p = 1920×1080 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
960p = 1280×960 pixels (4:3), 30 fps, 12 Mbit/s data rate
720p = 1280×720 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
720p = 1280×720 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate
WVGA = 848×480 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate

ment iphone sorry

tried it out today i have the pro version and very very impressed. Didnt have a iphone clamp I just used to heavy duty elastic bands around the rear view mirror worked a treat with no juddering.. the only issue I have is that sometimes the iphone will focus on nearer objects but i guess thats a small price to pay for this quality but cheap set up...

You can lock the focus if you prefer.

On the video screen, top left is a padlock to lock and unlock focus.

I'm beta testing V16 at the mo which improves in many areas and should be out in the summer. It's a bit buggy at the moment but we only got it yesterday.

I've bought a Bluetooth obd 2 scanner which I'm hoping will work with a package in cydia to allow data such as revs, speedo and throttle position to be added on the cheap.

Only issue it that you have to have jailbreak your iPhone to open the Bluetooth up to none apple supported devices.

Will let you know how I get on when I get it towards the en of the week.

P.S. if you want me to walk you trough making your own tracks so you can say do a trip to work or what ever then give me an area you know and drive around and I'll talk you through it.

thanks appreciate your experience with the app...i'm going to try it out again tonight... one of the recoreded videos yesterday comes out upside down when playing back on the PC but right way up on the iphone...?