My New 200 EDC is back in the services...

its all gone pete tongue,

had my clio 3 weeks before a misfire developed and a warning light about 'check anti pollution filter' popped up. took it to the services and it had an ignition coil replaced. (this resolved some of the driving issues)

made me laugh when the technician said "yeah these ignition coils are a bit of an achilles heal for renault" oh thanks you supplied me with a car knowing it was going to **** up. cheers bud.

got the car back 2 days later same light comes on the dashboard by this point they had already had the car for 9 days. so back i went to the garage to which they said "we think its a wiring fault so we need to get in a renault master technician to isolate the problem blah blah blah"

the car was running alright apart from it drove like a tank when the engine was cold for about 500 yards and then the second my temperature light turns off it ran like a dream.

suppose the lesson to learn is never buy something brand new. let the manufacturer iron out the bugs before purchasing.

the car is going back to the service garage next week to be diagnosed. until then i'm just gonna set up camp in the clio and make the most of it.

i'll post updates on what Renault have to say.

sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your 200T

Its a swings and round abouts scenario really cause if you wait 3/4 years for the manufacturer to 'iron out' the issues then your car will be buying a car out of warranty anyway

Most people buy a new car for the peace of mind of if there is a mechanical issue then the warranty is in place

I wouldnt run a car that was out of warranty (unless it was a 2/3k track toy)

Hope it gets sorted ASAP

A

its all covered by the warranty of course, just want to enjoy my car haha instead putting up with the dread awful Corsa courtesy car they gave me last week.

dont go upsetting of though or its big brother VXR will come looking for yu and your 200T

:smile:

Its a Nissan engine, so have all the Jukes screwed coil packs?

You'd think Nissan would be a good influence, suppose its still down to Renault's ability to assemble it all.....

Its a Nissan engine, so have all the Jukes screwed coil packs?

You'd think Nissan would be a good influence, suppose its still down to Renault's ability to assemble it all.....

ahhh i didn't know that. like i say i hope its just one thats fallen through the net and not a wide spread factory fitting issue. i've heard nothing about recalls.

its going in on monday now. the cars running fine its just the dodgy wiring thats causing my engine light to flash up problems that don't exist.

Its only the block that nissan, the parts that are attached to it will be renault.

i know theres an engine cover on the juke, but the engine is not eactly the same, renault bin most of the ancillaries and put there own stuff on there, also comfiirmed by ads from renault if i remember rightly

i know theres an engine cover on the juke, but the engine is not eactly the same, renault bin most of the ancillaries and put there own stuff on there, also comfiirmed by ads from renault if i remember rightly

but its only ancillaries....and some of that will be due to under bonnet layout & dependant on engine power - 90%+ will still be the same

think the rs has a different turbo and mapping but both still use the basic 1618cc engine

Most of it is Nissan, I think the guy was referring to older Renault coils that were a major fault for along time , I've never seen a Nissan have a faulty coil and there not known for it so urs could just be a one off

but its only ancillaries....and some of that will be due to under bonnet layout & dependant on engine power - 90%+ will still be the same

think the rs has a different turbo and mapping but both still use the basic 1618cc engine
which is what i said earlier reguarding the block, everything bolted to it is different, never said it wasnt a nissan engine just not the same as in the juke

Had the exact same problem with mine but put it down to the superchips I had fitted, I know of 2 others that have had the same issue, coils have sorted my so far touch wood, don't suppose you were giving it the beans when it happened?

Similar Thread Suggestions