My Clio isn't a drag car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clios aren't focused on straight line speed / traffic light GP.

More track focused, amazing chassis, handling and brakes. On a track its not just raw straight line speed that will make you lap faster. With this focus its a great car and for many, amazing fun to drive. For example, last year at Bedford some of the guys were lapping faster than 300+ BHh TTRS's

And not just by a small margin. I had 2 seconds on that tt-rs and noddie hammered it by 4 seconds

I think it also had rs6 ceramic brakes too

The Clio is amazing on track.

Going fast in a straight line is for pussys

Just Meg it.

Straight line speed...awesome.

Corner speed....awesome.

Overall car....awesome.

And not just by a small margin. I had 2 seconds on that tt-rs and noddie hammered it by 4 seconds

I think it also had rs6 ceramic brakes too

The Clio is amazing on track.

Going fast in a straight line is for pussys

ashton that's why you bought the turbo then ?????? better in straight lines ?

Buys Clio>Joins Clio forum> expresses how crap the car is.

Always ends well...

First question; why did you buy it? Surely the test drive you'd have felt it's not quick enough for you?

Buys Clio>Joins Clio forum> expresses how crap the car is.

Always ends well...

First question; why did you buy it? Surely the test drive you'd have felt it's not quick enough for you?

It's my car - i'm enititled to an opinion. Yes I bought it and was happy with the test drive but the straight line speed (or lack of) is becoming boring.

Yes I did. What's your point?

Just cause the new car is faster in a straight line that my old one doesn't mean I go out to try and have willy waving contests with other cars

Yes you got spanked by a passat and a Mg....get over it

Go do a few track days and enjoy the car for what it was designed for

Then drive it harder into and out of the bends

mine is the same pace as any normal Astra vxr, focus St until 90 so I don't see how your getting blasted by everything more than a generator. Maybe book it in for a health check

Last edited:
Go do a few track days and enjoy the car for what it was designed for

Or, alternatively buy a car that does a job on the road too, ey. Seems a lot of money to spend on something that only 'works' on a track a few days a year.

If I wanted a track focused car, I'd buy a Lotus Exige.

I mean if you don't think it's as fast as it should be. I actually don't think they do to bad in a straight line and I've had it up against some fast cars.

I'm jealous of your new gearbox though. I could do with one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.