My Car Thread

Lovely car Jaxx. Im ordering an Albi 200.

Do you have a link to the Brodit iPhone mount?

Good choice!

Yes i got the holder from here...

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/holder/Apple+iPhone-brodit-holder.asp

You order the mounting piece for the dash and then your desired holder, which you then screw together.

where did you ordered it? at renault? is this with the alloy, or only the tire?

At Renault yes. And its just the wheel (no tyre or center cap) the part numbers are on here somewhere...

Quick update. Myself, earpl and a friend of ours with an RX8 went for a cup of tea and a scone in a quaint Derbyshire cafe, then stopped to watch the sunset... or something like that :smiley:

Other than that, nothing else exciting has happened im afraid.

EXP_20100428_281Stitch.jpg
EXP_20100428_305.jpg
EXP_20100428_306.jpg
EXP_20100428_307.jpg
EXP_20100428_308.jpg
EXP_20100428_309.jpg
EXP_20100428_310.jpg
EXP_20100428_311.jpg
EXP_20100428_312.jpg
EXP_20100428_314.jpg

Small update although nothing too thrilling.

Some may remember ive had a fault on my instrument panel that was causing the info screen to do odd things.

Explained this to my local dealer and they seemed a little aprehensive about it at first as it wasnt an easy thing to replicate due to it being totally random.

Anyway, the said they would take it in one day, promptly providing me a Suzuki Splash for my entertainment for the day, which was a horrible little thing that felt like you were sat on the moon and the roof was buffeting at about 80 lol

IMG_0470.jpg

Luckily Renault managed to replicate the problem and now believed me! But still didnt know why it was happening so told me it had to go back for a few days :worried:

So its been in over the last week, in what was supposed to be 3/4 day thing while they sussed it out. However it got to the 4th day at around 16:30 and i had heard nothing from them, so got on the phone to see what was going on...

Turns out the instrument panel was faulty (no ****!) and they are hard things to get hold of easily as its obviously something that doesnt receive much attention, but one was coming by express delivery direct from Dieppe! And was hopefully arriving on Friday morning, which thankfullly it did, as i got the call at 15:00 to say that it was ready for collection! :lol:

So duely returned my 1.2 curtesy Clio back and found her sitting proud in the car park! :001_tt1:

IMG_0480.jpg

Wandered in to be met by the service chap who handed me my keys and pretty much said "thats it your all read to go" and gave a bit of an appology for the extended time and then invited me to give the car a quick look over to make sure it was ok... thumbs up there!

Now after a week in the 1.2 (which are dire as a whole car id like to admit) i opened up my 200 and "slotted" back into the seats which must sit a good 6 inch lower than the 1.2's seats! Hit the Start button and heard that gargle down the exhaust again for the first time in a week, nice heavy clutch and gearbox clunk and pulled out, instantly you forget how brutaly the awesome the 200 is compared to its lesser brothers!

Gone is the squishy, sloppy road holding carachteristics and no existant feedback, and back into something that feels solid, taught and as if its attracting the Earth to it instead of the other way round!

Gave her a few miles to get to temp, and scrub the surfaces of the brakes, put some heat in the tyres then let rip on "the long way" home...

Shear joy! :001_wub:

So far so good! Dash is behaving itself and Sunwin/Co-Op Renault in Mansfield have been great about the whole thing and (being how i am) i had to look round the interior for missing screws and any scuffs and scratches, but the have seriously looked after it while its been in care and its in 100% tip-top condition.

Sorry to gush and ramble :tongueout:inky: takes something like this to make me rethink how much i actually like this car!

Clio <3

Thought id do a quick update, nothing real interesting though lol

Cars now done around 8.5k and the engine is freeing up lovely, feels more and more lively with ever 1000 that passes :tongueout:inky:

Anyway, the missus has become obsessed with light art and night shots so we have been using the car as a subject here and there.

(Motorway Bridge - With helicopter)
clionight1.jpg
(Field)
clionight2.jpg
(Field with added bonus of airliner on the glide path, looks like a meteor lol)
clionight4.jpg

Anyway, recently found that the front end was a little twitchy on the wetter days, so checked my front tyres and found they were borderline illegal :drool:

So thankfully Chris at peak Performance Tyres fixed me up with a fresh set of Contis as ive been thoroughly impressed with them. :headphone:

Had the wheels reskinned today...

IMG_0592.jpg

Decided to go for the fatter 225's being as theyre oddly a few quid cheaper lol

EXP_20100821_579.jpg
EXP_20100821_578.jpg

Also noticed while the wheels were off that the brake pads are still quite meaty, but the discs seem to have taken some real hammer with a small lip forming round the outer edge! Really must mic them against the legal tolerances.

Also added a set of Sabelt 3 points, now i feel like im just the organic part of the car telling it what to do, really does make a world of difference as your not wasting time and effort supporting yourself in the car when your locked down. Can just get on with it :smiley:

EXP_20100821_580.jpg
EXP_20100821_575.jpg
EXP_20100821_576.jpg

I know this has been asked, but you can get the rear bench back in, although its now pretty useless lol, just pulls on the cusion a little, so will probably distort the foam a bit over time.

EXP_20100821_577.jpg

That is all :tongueout: ill try to do something more interesting for next time lol

(Can a mod squeeze this into the projects forum?)

Last edited:
Because theyre actually cheaper than 215's lol, and im not going to turn down some extra width for less money :smile:

Jaxx, is there any chance you could post me an exact link for you brodit iphone holder. I have been looking at them on the net but can't work out which it is. I am after just the same as yours, the vent mounted one. Would be much appreciated, cheers.

Jaxx, is there any chance you could post me an exact link for you brodit iphone holder. I have been looking at them on the net but can't work out which it is. I am after just the same as yours, the vent mounted one. Would be much appreciated, cheers.

here you go mate

proclip for the clio
http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/proclip/Renault+Clio III-Brodit-Proclip.asp

mount for iphone 3gs
http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/holder/Apple+iPhone 3GS-Brodit-Holder.asp

or 4g
http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/holder/Apple+iPhone 4-Brodit-Holder.asp