my brown trousers moment

i had a brown trousers moment last night

parked car on drive about 10pm, slight incline, got out and handbrake on, shut door and car started sliding down drive into garage :nope::nope::nope:

luckily i have been using 2 wheel chocks as parking car with handbrake off and it rested on this by about 2 cm. i'd left one in place because i couldnt be arse to move it.

dont think it would matter all 4 wheels would prob just slide then

i do use gears in the dry because i dont use the chocks then
- leave the handbrake off to stop brakes freezing and dont leave it in gear in this weather as you never know what could freeze on. think thats a bit too paranoid,

i always leave my car in gear. Habit! Got the other half into the habit too when her handbrake wouldn't work on her old car!

dont think it would matter all 4 wheels would prob just slide then

i do use gears in the dry because i dont use the chocks then
- leave the handbrake off to stop brakes freezing and dont leave it in gear in this weather as you never know what could freeze on. think thats a bit too paranoid,

Less likely to get 4 wheels sliding than 2!

And you're not going to get the clutch to freeze on if that's what you're thinking!

I put my hand brake on the other day and the car started to slide down a hill. I put my foot on the foot brake and it stopped.. scary moments!

Thats pretty lucky then! I had the same problem last year. Parked in a bay at a pub and was stopped on the footbrake, put the handbrake on and opened the door. Halfway out of the car I notice that 'the ground is moving' lol! Needless to say I found somewhere else to park haha! :smiley: