Multiple Fault Codes from OBDII Scan

Hi All,

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I've got today and tomorrow off work because I was planning to rectify a couple of MOT advisories on my 197. I've got one tyre that's near legal limit and 'play in steering rack inner joints'. I was planning to fit the new tie rods and TRE's today, then pop down to the garage for the alignment and to have the new set of tyres fitted (they are all different makes etc, so I thought a set would be better) tomorrow.

Got everything ready, but was just going to head into town to get some degreaser and some gloves. 5 minutes into my trip and the engine warning light starts to flash, the ESP light is on, as well as the traction control light and the maintenance spanner. The car seemed to be OK but I was only driving quite slowly and couldn't tell if it went into 'limp mode'.

Anyway, I pull over and turn everything off and have a quick google on my phone, and decided to fire it back up again to drive home. All the lights had cleared and it seemed to be driving OK. I got home plugged in my OBDII scanner and got quite a significant list of error codes:-

Error CodeDescriptionComments
P0300Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire detectedQuick search on here says possibly Lambda, but could be anything?
P0503Vehicle Speed Sensor Intermittent/Erratic/HighNot Sure, dodgy speed sensor?
C1203ABS Outlet Valve Coil Rear Circuit OpenNot Sure
U1F03NoneGoogle showed nothing
U1B03NoneGoogle showed nothing
U1B03NoneGoogle showed nothing
U03DBNoneGoogle showed nothing

My question is, has anybody experienced any of these, and if so what was the resolution?

Also, should I clear the codes and see what appears again?

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom.

Last edited:
Hi mate is it still on the light ? U codes are usually communication codes between modules. Maybe ckp sensor or plugs/ coil pack ?

make a note of them and clear the faults as some of them could from ages ago

use/drive as normal until it has another fit and then see what the codes are

the p0300 is a code the engine doesn't know whats causing the fault so it puts this one up

Thanks buddy, yeh I thought it'd be a good idea to clear the codes.

Just took it for a long drive and not had any issues at all, plus it's tracking quite well considering the work carried out this afternoon.