MPG

Highest I ever had was 39 on a trip from Leeds down to Cornwall... no more than 60mph though, so was the most tedious journey ever and never to be repeated again! :sleeping:

Reactions: RossWoods93
I only get about 21MPG on my daily commute! (all be it bumper to bumper city traffic)

Best ive ever gotten is 30MPG on a 4 hour drive from Dublin to Kerry mixed motorway and B roads, safe to say that dripped rapidly once getting onto the Kerry Ring

Id generally get 23-25 on a weekend hoon in the mountains

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mine always seems to hover around 28MPG on the readout. Tempted to change the lambdas to see if it improves slightly because even when I do take it easy I don't really seem to get better lol.

Mine always seems to hover around 28MPG on the readout. Tempted to change the lambdas to see if it improves slightly because even when I do take it easy I don't really seem to get better lol.
Reset the tacho before every journey, then you will get a correct reading.

Reset the tacho before every journey, then you will get a correct reading.

My commute to work is only about 11-12miles? Is it going to work resetting it for such a short distance? Pretty much the same sort of traffic conditions too there and back so not much variation, it's mainly 60-70 mph A roads for 95% of the commute.

Think I'm going to do it the old fashioned way using receipts, mileage and work it out from that to see what it's actually doing.

Last edited:
IMO 36mpg is easily achievable if you set the cruise at 56mph and cruise. Takes ages to get anywhere but it is achievable.

Not really in the spirit of the car though.

Realistically 27-32 mpg is normal depending on journey type i.e. city or rural.

I have just done this before I went out for a run, been out for an hour and it's reading 32/33, massive difference..

You'd think the reading's accuracy would improve over time as the sample size (Miles) gets larger and there's less chance of odd blats, sitting still in traffic etc grossly affecting the reading.

I stand corrected though :smile:

Please see below :track::

img_20160429_130724-jpg.13980

I got much better mpg hooning on country roads at 60 than driving in town so can understand how others on here are getting decent mpg

Reactions: sevenfourate
I got much better mpg hooning on country roads at 60 than driving in town so can understand how others on here are getting decent mpg

Absolutely.

NOTHING lowers my MPG quicker than a little town work / stationary / very slow moving traffic inching forward.

Actually moving at a reasonable speed....even with a few revs on the go...its "ok".

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17