Mpg

Before anyone says anything, im not moaning, just curious. i bought the car for the speed and handling! After reading other posts i saw that someone was gettin nearly 40mpg on motorway miles. i set my cruse controll last night at 70mph and reset the clocks, i was getting 27.4mpg. when driving through town, im getting 22ish, when giving it some its down to 17mpg. Again, im not moaning, i absolutly love the thing. My mate has a 56 plate GTI golf and another has the 172 cup (all identical in straight line speed) we all went down the same route driving on the limit and my 197 was by far the lowest MPG. Just wondered what everyone elses is doing? thoughts?

Hmmmm ...

I was getting 14 MPG on Brands
37 MPG on a decent motorway run
33 MPG average day to day driving.

Click on my signature - every drop of fuel burnt in my 197 since I bought her is on that site :smile:

i was getting 38 mpg on the m6 on my trip down to cheltenham to pick up my wheels gt from glossop to cheltenham and back on half a tank. something like 350 round trip i norm get 300 miles to a full tank. just used cruise control at 55 lol

Same nothing to worry about, I just can't drive slow!!

Best i've got is 31mpg on the M25 to Essex and part of thats 50mph the rest at 72mph on Cruise Control.

Average 26-27mpg and mainly country lanes :smile:

It was never made for economy and I don't see the point in having a fast car and driving it slow, even though you do get more looks :wink:

It is a true statement though that the more you thrash it, the better it is on fuel - up to a point!

I notice a 4-5 mpg increase when running supper unleaded

The one tank I used on normall fuel it went down same drive etc etc

Over the whole time I have experimented with Super, it has only added about 0,5 - 1,5MPG on mine

It is a true statement though that the more you thrash it, the better it is on fuel - up to a point!

I def agree with this, I find my mpg is better when I always try and keep the revs over 2k. On motorways i set my cruise control to 70mph and normally get around 33-35mpg normal driving i normally get around 23-24mpg

I reset the trip computer on mine when i got it and haven't reset it since. Average hovers around 30mpg, i'm still experimenting with normal unleaded vs. premium and the premium does deffinitely add a few mpg

i get more from my FOCUS ST than she gets from her CLIO 197. Thats me happy till my foot goes down .To think i had a SEAT leon 1.6 that was worse then my ST last year on the juice .
SMILES NOT MILES .....

I have been driving like an undertaker the past couple of weeks since the Nationals and I have got an average of 33mpg doing commute to work and no twisties. I have had a bit of a boot from the lights every so often but tried to keep it steady. Im not too fussed about mpg at the end of the day you never really notice it, or at least I never do I just fill it up when it needs it and it returns the favour by making me smile! :001_wub:

Needless to say I have got very bored and will be driving like I stole it after the next fill up! :thumbsup:

I have been driving like an undertaker the past couple of weeks since the Nationals and I have got an average of 33mpg doing commute to work and no twisties. I have had a bit of a boot from the lights every so often but tried to keep it steady. Im not too fussed about mpg at the end of the day you never really notice it, or at least I never do I just fill it up when it needs it and it returns the favour by making me smile! :001_wub:

Needless to say I have got very bored and will be driving like I stole it after the next fill up! :thumbsup:

Don't get worried about MPG??? That's a relief - you'll be lucky to get more than 14MPG on the ring lol!!!

I get 30mpg pretty much wherever I go! 8)
It won't run without it. :bumpit: Every time I am doing the commute (25 miles each way on the M1) in it I always try and tell myself to drive economically, but it never happens! :tongue_smilie:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17