197: MPG Running Costs vs 250 Meg

Love my 200, also love the look of the meg 250/265 although yet to have been in one :worried: interested to see what its like in comparison

Bit of a pointless post from me as i cant contribute anything to the original question but owell :smiley:

Why not get down a RS trackday and drive one?

I would point out my driving is NOT done in traffic what so ever. I usually commute at 2am, 11am or 11pm depending on my shift. Obviously it would be worse should I be sat in traffic.

Id say its partly that, but also largely because the Megane Mk3 platform is a brand new design whereas the Clio Mk3 platform is from 2005. So any lessons learnt will have been incorporated into the Megane.

Lol you really don't know Renault if you think that!!

Pretty much same front suspension components in regard the the double axis set up across the RS range since the 225 meggy. 2003 iirc??

I traded up from a 197 Cup to FF fully spec'd 250.

Fantastic upgrade. Running costs are very similar. I've only ever ran my cars on VPower so fuel is the same on both vehicles. I have a 15 mile journey to work with a mix of town and dual carriageways. Clio returned around 28 MPG whilst the Megane returns 30MPG.

It's on a long journey that the Megane really improves upon the Clio. Clio averaged around 33/34MPG at 70MPH whilst the Megane hits 37/38MPG.

Lol you really don't know Renault if you think that!!

Pretty much same front suspension components in regard the the double axis set up across the RS range since the 225 meggy. 2003 iirc??

Revised larger hub bearings on the Meg tho, its not a complete unit anymore and can be changed seperately :wink:

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17