Moving on (or back).....

Well, after selling the 197 last week and having been for 6 weeks, the time came to get my new wheels, so after a lift to Bristol Airport at 5am yesterday, flight to Glasgow and a 380mile drive (via a stop at Brum for accessories), I arrived back with Ruby
IMG_0668.jpg

Can't stop smiling everytime I get boooost and hear the turbo whistle :smiley:
The 197 will be missed for pure tearing about action, but this is certainly a bigger brother and slightly more refined.

So I may be on here now and then, but more likely back in the meganesport hut, so I shall say 'its been emotional' and see you guys at FCS! :thumbup1:

Car looks great. Only thing is... those grey wingmirrors look odd! With the anthracite wheels they look fine, but because yours are done in black it makes them look really out of place in my opinion!!

Car looks great. Only thing is... those grey wingmirrors look odd! With the anthracite wheels they look fine, but because yours are done in black it makes them look really out of place in my opinion!!

I know what you mean, but these wheels are the r26r wheels I picked up on the way back so mirrors will be black to match very soon with a few other additions later next week :smile:

Looks awesome dude how you finding it compared to the 197, looking to make the same move albeit probably into an f1 rather than r26, do you think it's as involved to drive or is the boost just intoxicating?

Looks awesome dude how you finding it compared to the 197, looking to make the same move albeit probably into an f1 rather than r26, do you think it's as involved to drive or is the boost just intoxicating?

Cheers fella
it's not as hardcore as the 197 and not the sort of driving where you rag it to the redline as there's the boost to rely on. It's a more refined drive and these recaros are much easier to get in and out off :smile:
hard to say if it's as involving to drive yet as I've yet to get some decent rubber on (which will be next Wednesday when I have some hancook v12s coming) but the boost and also the turbo/exhaust whistle is very intoxicating, just want to keep boosting for the whistle alone, so will love it

looks great. How did you find the R26R wheels you jammy sod?! Intercooler, exhaust and stage 1 remap next then? should be good for 260bhp :wink:

looks great. How did you find the R26R wheels you jammy sod?! Intercooler, exhaust and stage 1 remap next then? should be good for 260bhp :wink:

Lol a guy from meganesport had posted on a thread about selling them to someone else a few weeks back and I sent a pm saying if he was selling I'd have them, so I got first refusal. Only thing now is I sold the toyo 888s that were on them and the guy who bought them last night said one has been repaired!! I never saw this on the tyre so I'm a bit pissed that I was sold these tyres with one like this as I can see i'm going to have to give some sort of discount unless I can get some money back from the guy I bought the wheels from!

Got an FMIC on order then prob a map on it next month or two once I've got used to the car some more, can't wait :smile: