Modified Throttle Body

Little update on how this drives, keeping in mind mine is coupled with a sprint booster for even more throttle response.

When manouvering or driving slowly in 1st/2nd gear it makes the car much more sensitive and jurky, much easier to stall and kangaroo if you dont concentrate. But when things get up and going the throttle response mid range is much improved over standard, however i dont notice any actual power gains, just better response.

Little update on how this drives, keeping in mind mine is coupled with a sprint booster for even more throttle response.

When manouvering or driving slowly in 1st/2nd gear it makes the car much more sensitive and jurky, much easier to stall and kangaroo if you dont concentrate. But when things get up and going the throttle response mid range is much improved over standard, however i dont notice any actual power gains, just better response.

Have you tried it without the Sprintbooster?

I think the jerkiness may be caused by that.

Have you tried it without the Sprintbooster?

I think the jerkiness may be caused by that.

No sprint booster was fitted two weeks prior to doing this work and all that did was a generally sharper pedal response all over.

Dont get me wrong its not undrivable! but these little things get noticed when your trying to back into a small garage/parking etc.

That's a pretty good mod to the throttle body. And I can assure you is not a placebo effect, people here in Spain have done that and they say if feels way better.

Even tough I like the idea, I went a step (or two) further and bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.es/Audi-Q5-A4-A5-8K...Item&pt=Autoteile_Zubehör&hash=item414a40ee78

70mm throttle body from a 3.2 FSI Audi. Lets see if I can make it work.

Fingers crossed Turu, indeed let us know the progress since am very interested with this little upgrade.

if i may its a electronic device that increases the signal speed from the throttle pedal to the engine, giving you faster throttle response through the rev range £190 on ebay last time i looked

if i may its a electronic device that increases the signal speed from the throttle pedal to the engine, giving you faster throttle response through the rev range £190 on ebay last time i looked

And you're saying this thing really works as advertised? :blink:

eBay link please.

ive read good reveiws bmw sites and that, ive also read reveiws and golf r32 sites aswel

As I've actually got one fitted I'll give u a quick review.

The difference isn't like having cable throttle response as the lag is still evident however the pedal feels so much more crisp and easier to work with, I would even go as far as to say it makes acceleration through the gears feel that little bit quicker!

Sorry about poor quality, pics from phone.

Took about 3 hours with 1200 wet & dry and a tube of Autosol to get the finish lol, demorilising.

I'm a mould maker, I used to have to get mirror finishes on Aluminium all the time. It used to make me sad lol

Yes but luckily the misses brought Avatar round and its a long film so i smashed most the work out whilst that was on.