Mobile Phone Contracts

Im with Vodafone and I pay £35 per month on a 24 month deal. I only took this out as 12 months ago I wanted an Iphone and wasnt bothered about the costs.

I dont use hardly any of the minutes/texts/data that im entitled too but is it possible to reduce the plan or can you only increase it? I would phone up and ask but id sepnd 30 minutes on hold and then get connected to someone in India who I cant understand.

Is there a way out of the contract all together?

Just to add, I have 2 of these contracts as I pay for the wifes as well so IMO £70 per month is too much for 2 phones

You can reduce it but only after a certain amount of time. They only way you can get out of it is by paying off all the months left. Your best bet is to wait until you can turn it down to whatever you want/can afford to pay.

Different companies have different terms.

It should be in there website.

Some as as soon as 3 months! And some allow you to go onto payg tariff so you can get out of it that way.

just done an online chat and its 75 days before my contract expires that I can downgrade, thats only April 2014 so not long :smiley:

75 days ! thats pants!!

swap to payg tariff and walk away at 75 days.

I've done this before, sometimes they only let you reduce by a certain amount but then say you can call back in a month to reduce it even more.

All call centres are a pain in the ass, to get through quickest try and phone during work hours.

Edit: just seen that you've done an online chat, I'd still try and ring or maybe pop into a shop to see what they say.