MkIV Clio Williams

I read that this had been spoken about in the F1 paddock - has anyone heard anything about it?

Maybe thats why the new RS isnt that special yet......

LOL.

Some of the **** AE comes out with is impressive.

Nice photoshop'ed image too.

"Expect the aggressive 2.0-litre naturally aspirated engine to get a boost in power from 197bhp to around 240bhp."

For starters its currently (apparently) 200bhp (in the name....) and Clio cup race cars aren't even this, and its well known that you can't get a penny out of the current engine.

If its true I'll be impressed to say the least.

Last edited:
You can get 240bhp out of the 197/200 engine, its run pretty commonly in the R3 and Endurance Race cars just fine. The problem is there's chuff all chance you'll get them road legal for emission regs.

Also thats a REALLY old image and AE link, they were wanging on about this "williams edition" ages ago and Renault have since denied its ever gonna happen. They're too busy putting stickers on them, painting them the wrong colour and calling them Red Bull editions to actually do something like this.

Clio cup race car will run 220.

JT from RUK posted the speculation in auto express about a Williams launch edition.

Read into that what you like.....

Indeed but they have printed a different article this week regarding the MK4 Clio.

As its been pointed out its the wrong link posted.

Hmm, i prefer the one in my link.. maybe its why they held back on the cup edition.. im sure i read somewhere they had something special planned, anyway, drop the rear doors, ill have one :wink:

Hmm, i prefer the one in my link.. maybe its why they held back on the cup edition.. im sure i read somewhere they had something special planned, anyway, drop the rear doors, ill have one :wink:

Cup chassis is available from launch.

I can't see the point?

Surely it'll have the same 1.6engine as the new RS, so they'll just tweak to to get 220bhp, slap some aesthetics on it and command a huge price tag.

Buy then everyone will probably be running the same tweaked engine, so it'll have no power advantage....so what's the point? Just turns into another Raider or Silverstone etc.

Similar Thread Suggestions