Middle lane laws

According to that article they've cut traffic cars by 50% since '97. I see the odd car on the M1, but they're mostly doing 85mph+ and tailgating someone in the fast lane with no lights or sirens on...

I don't know how they expect to catch anyone anyway. I spend a large portion of my life driving round the M25 and hardly see any police on there.

This sums it up perfectly.....

I agree with it completely and as with any traffic law it is always at the discretion of the officer but as there are no traffic police I wouldn't worry about it.

What they should do is ban those "Traffic Officer" vehicles from looking like police cars. It infruiates me that when first spotted at 1000yrds I have to slow down and then boot it when I realise its not the rozzers.. Lol

I'm pretty undecided on this to be honest, I never like seeing the police given more opportunities to lump someone with 3 points. The fines though are fair enough. Please note that its NOT just middle lane hogging and tail gating, they'll also be handing out fines and points for people cutting in lanes, being in the wrong lane on roundabouts, spinning your wheels etc etc.

I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers, but IMO theres a few too many unscrupulous traffic officers out there that could easily lump you with 3 points for a minor offence with no need to go through court. (yes, yes I know there are also some great traffic officers too. The ones I've dealt with have been sound, though not everyone I know has been so lucky).

If they agree to spend the money raised by these new fines in improved driving tests, and better and longer tuition for learner drivers then I'd accept it. But they wont, it'll end up in the coffers with all the other money from fines and not get re-invested in proper tuition, proper policing, and decent quality roads.

They're expecting people to have perfect lane discipline, yet they wont let you learn how to drive on a motorway? I can honestly say that on my entire driving test and theory I was never once asked a question about correct motorway driving. Maybe if we taught people how to do it properly, we wouldn't have such a sh*t standard of driving in this country.

So that's Audi driver buggered then..

Not sure about revenue generation from fines, in most cases including speed camera fines the cost to process the ticket outweighs the fine itself.

This sums it up perfectly.....

I agree with it completely and as with any traffic law it is always at the discretion of the officer but as there are no traffic police I wouldn't worry about it.

What they should do is ban those "Traffic Officer" vehicles from looking like police cars. It infruiates me that when first spotted at 1000yrds I have to slow down and then boot it when I realise its not the rozzers.. Lol

they dont have blue reflective markings....

they dont have blue reflective markings....

Nor do police on the rear... Both cars have yellow and orange flashings on the back, at a distance they are imperceptible. Unless they are on the hard shoulder flashing their beacons. Real Police are red lights, plastic police are orange lights.

All the ones round here use the Mitzi Shoguns so your safe if its one of them. Also they seem to be the only "police" type vehicle I see doing the speed limit.