MID insurance check

I got insurance two days ago as my renewal was up. I changed company to M&S and checked MID. It seems its showing my car as having no insurance. any ideas how long this usually takes to update? I fear of being pulled over by the police as 1) I look like a chav and 2) my car is sporty.

cheers guys!

Yea it can take a few days. I was pulled over once for no insurance the day after renewal, they just phoned up whoever they needed to and let me on my way

An insurance company has 14 days in which to register your car on MID by law, although I used to be with 1st central insurance and they failed to register me after 3 months, wasnt happy to say the least but also had horrible visions that I'd get pulled over and have the car siezed.

An insurance company has 14 days in which to register your car on MID by law, although I used to be with 1st central insurance and they failed to register me after 3 months, wasnt happy to say the least but also had horrible visions that I'd get pulled over and have the car siezed.

That is really poor. It puts you in a really bad position too as you cant make them do it, especially if they are already breaking the law.

The mid isnt the only database the police use. If u were pulled and pnc'd its cross referenced amongst a few. Dont worry you wudnt get your car seized i would advise carrying an insurance certificate though just in case

Always carry it with me woody, along with the DL, just in case and all that. Watching those Traffic cops programes you see so many people getting hassel cos they aint got documents to prove who they are.

thanks guys its on today. Im insured with M&S and they don't give papers! I them on my Ipad and kept it in the car with me just in case!