Michelin Clio series

i wanted a cage fitted that allows me to keep the interior and use the rear seats.

this safety devices cage allows that. so when at the track i can fit the rear 'X' and door bars.

so its the best of both worlds. I am just using it for extra safety on track days/ring trips.

I knew Mark Fish and Safety Devices wanted to get the best out of this cage so have obviously designed it to fit in with the championships rules and regs

I am collecting my car from Safety Devices on Wednesday as I just had a cage designed and made in conjunction with Mark Fish, so it's obviously the one they are using for the series.

So will get pics up for people to see.

Costs are spiralling rapidly!

That was nice of them to use your car for that :smiley:

i wanted a cage fitted that allows me to keep the interior and use the rear seats.

this safety devices cage allows that. so when at the track i can fit the rear 'X' and door bars.

so its the best of both worlds. I am just using it for extra safety on track days/ring trips.

I knew Mark Fish and Safety Devices wanted to get the best out of this cage so have obviously designed it to fit in with the championships rules and regs

Any pictures yet?

Here's my cage, been told its not good enough for the Michelin series, dont look too much different to the pictures of the Safety Devices cage fitted to FMP's car apart from its not a Safety device cage, its OMP and FIA approved ( might be for sale if i decide to go for the Michelin series, to be honest i,m thinking the costs are now toooooo high, the full kit is now around £6500 + vat without the cost for fitting so my converted road car will end up costing me around £13-£14k , thats without the cost for fitting it all, which if i pay someone would be around another £2-£3k so now my road car is nearer £16 - £17k when i could get a Clip cup car for around the same price :thumbdown: at least the cup car will be worth something when you sell it where as the converted road car will not )
I have seen another series, the french trophy series by Track attack, its for French cars, so Renault, Citreon and Peugeot, if you run the Performance French car magazine sticker on your car the £200 to join is FREE, entries are £300 and the rules and regulations are fairly simple comapired, only thing is how many people will be in the race, they say if there is not enough they will put the race at the back of another race they run???
Anyone else been thinking about this?

http://www.trackattackraceclub.com/pages/season-overview.php?season_id=19

SAM_0920_zps0ff021eb.jpg

WP_000512_zps48b308ad.jpg

SAM_0921_zpsfd04c0db.jpg

WP_000510_zps60f383cc.jpg

Silverstone Media Day

Tomorrow is the media day at Silverstone for all registered entrants to the Clio Cup Championship and Clio Cup Series, if you can, why not pop along to talk to some of the other competitors, scrutineers, organisers or see the cars in action. Its free to get in and we shall be on the National Circuit.

There are a number of new drivers yet to take their ARDS licence who are registered for the Clio Cup Series, and building a converted road car we will be talking to them.

Check out the Facebook page for interviews post event.
https://www.facebook.com/Cliocupseries

just so people know, the cage in my car is NOT the one being used for the series.

There is another one being designed which is a through dashboard job, and i suspect more substantial.

does seem a shame that what started out as a cheap entry into motorsport has once again become anything but!

I was at the media day, turnout was a little disapointing and there were no road converted cars there, just the clio cup refugees of which there were about 4.

Are the rules for the cup cars as strict as in the cup series? ie will they need to have genuine parts everywere, with the hologramed stickers for proof?

I was at the media day, turnout was a little disapointing and there were no road converted cars there, just the clio cup refugees of which there were about 4.

Are the rules for the cup cars as strict as in the cup series? ie will they need to have genuine parts everywere, with the hologramed stickers for proof?

I didn't know it was on or would have been there, I have spoke to the organisers on a number of occasions but they didn't let me know

Have a read through the rules they are all in place

Last edited: