Megged Clio Turbo....bloody quick!!!!

Followed friend test driving the 'Megged' Clio turbo he's sorted for member on here to yesterdays northwest meet. All I can say is, standard 225 engine....it was bloody quick. I wasn't sure tbh but its a hard package to argue with if you want to go very quickly. Mapped ones must be ridiculous.

Followed friend test driving the 'Megged' Clio turbo he's sorted for member on here to yesterdays northwest meet. All I can say is, standard 225 engine....it was bloody quick. I wasn't sure tbh but its a hard package to argue with if you want to go very quickly. Mapped ones must be ridiculous.

angel, will back this is up after being in my and driving it him self yesterday :smile:

angel, will back this is up after being in my and driving it him self yesterday :smile:

Consider your self backed up Jonsey, simply put its epic, with the diff it drives like a Clio but pulls so much harder and obviously much earlier in the revs.

I've been in MikeLY's motor and the power delivery is much smoother but obviously using all the rev range and higher limit so it doesn't feel as ferocious as Jonsey' although I reckon they are pretty evenly matched in terms of acceleration.

I've really thought hard about which direction I'd go and having experienced both I have to say its the Meg conversion all the way... Sorry Mike... :wink:

I reckon they are pretty evenly matched in terms of acceleration.

Only one way to solve this... Bedford. How Fast. :thumbup:

Litchy, if you put this blower I've got lined up for you on yours, you'll be out-accelerating Euro-Fighters!!! :smiley:

Not evan got my 197 yet and im.allready wanting to do this. Is there a guide and list of parts to do this or is it top secret hahaha. How much does it cost and is it worth the price tag?

Not evan got my 197 yet and im.allready wanting to do this. Is there a guide and list of parts to do this or is it top secret hahaha. How much does it cost and is it worth the price tag?

I read pfc with the ktr meg clio and they said if you paid them to do it... You'd have change out of £10k lol!

DIY ftw.

I love boosted clios :smiley:

Right now I've just been in MikeLY's beast again and fudge me its savage. Drives like the Clio but its immense.. Like a woman in a shoe shop my mind is changing again .. so it a supercharger FTW.. :rofl:

Seriously tho these cars do the same job which is to give the Clio what it wants. Both of them are epic in their own right and both feel at home with the extra power in fact they both drive so much better for it..

I'm seeing Jonsey tomorrow so maybe I'll change my mind again.. :wink:

Right now I've just been in MikeLY's beast again and fudge me its savage. Drives like the Clio but its immense.. Like a woman in a shoe shop my mind is changing again .. so it a supercharger FTW.. :rofl:

Seriously tho these cars do the same job which is to give the Clio what it wants. Both of them are epic in their own right and both feel at home with the extra power in fact they both drive so much better for it..

I'm seeing Jonsey tomorrow so maybe I'll change my mind again.. :wink:

Must admit feel like I've sold out not staying NA but I feel like a k**b at times at my age driving the clio like I stole it. At times I'm driving fast when I'm not in a hurry (If that makes any sense) lol. Would be nice to have more torque at last (maybe nearly 2x and a bit more) which represents a lot.
To be honest Mr F, you cant got wrong with either I recon. Although if your lucky enough to find a R26, it comes with the diff so thats a saving of about a grand to fit one????

Last edited:
Both are amazing, think it boils down to how u like your power delivery and feel of the car :smile:

I've heard...

Correct me if I'm wrong please

The laguna turbo engine, would be better to play with? Mapping modding wise and it's lower compression? (not 100% sure what I'm on about here) lol

Anyone else know this.?

Must admit feel like I've sold out not staying NA but I feel like a k**b at times at my age driving the clio like I stole it. At times I'm driving fast when I'm not in a hurry (If that makes any sense) lol. Would be nice to have more torque at last (maybe nearly 2x and a bit more) which represents a lot.
To be honest Mr F, you cant got wrong with either I recon. Although if your lucky enough to find a R26, it comes with the diff so thats a saving of about a grand to fit one????

I think when people see a bright yellow Clio with 18" wheels, a front splitter, side skirts and a big spoiler they'd be surprised if it wasn't being caned!

And anyway, **** it, who's judging!?!? 8)

Similar Thread Suggestions