Megane Trophy MK4!

I agree @peter. It seems that Renault has put all the focus on the engine development rather than the chassis/dynamics? Which is not like Renault? Or is down to new regulations? Not of course disrespecting the already sweet chassis with the sophisticated dampers, rear steering etc.

They've changed so much on the engine but everything else stayed the same apart from lighter front brakes, unless of course I missed any memo? Optional Recaros and lighter wheels (which I'm sure they will be an option for the 280 as well) are not something that would make it stand out.

Either way I do like how it looks and even though a 5 door hatchback is not my thing I massively prefer it to the rest of the competition. It's just nicely proportioned and looks purposeful, aggressive whilst being subtle and classy. I like it.

Reactions: peter
well, it all comes down to sales in the end. renault are more than likely to sell more of these, than of a 'hardcore' version. would be very surprised, if they would produce a trophy-R.

at least they made a manual and a wide-body. shouldn't complain too hard, i suppose. :smile:

Reactions: Yiannis197
True, bottomline is that they sold much more mk4 clios than mk3 globally so it's definitely working for them. I'm sure I read somewhere that they are preparing a trophy-R version with no seats etc, Interesting to see what the changes are going to be.

Reactions: peter